Do not "auto-scroll to the top" after changes to app installation settings

YS
New Contributor

We want to make multiple changes to apps (i.e. change from device installation -> user installation & from automatic installation -> manual installation).
Every time we make a change, the page scrolls to the top, which makes no sense and is counter productive.

Please change the behavior so that the page remains on the same spot.

3 REPLIES 3

Fluffy
Contributor III

I don't remember it doing that before... But it's definitely doing it now. I agree to changing it to not do this, if it isn't a bug.

If you are changing all groups to automatic/on-demand for an app, you can use the small gear to the right of where you scope the device groups. Might save you a little of headache if you didn't already know about it.

YS
New Contributor

Thank you Fluffy, good bit of information for mass changes indeed. Unfortunately this doesn't work for user-based volume assignment changes (it has only device-based in the drop down menu).
By the way, this all started as a ticket inside Jamf School, but the rep told us to post it over here instead.
I hope a developer sees it.

RayHerring
New Contributor III

I've hated this new 'scroll to top' thing ever since it got implemented, hate hate hate, I want it gone!

When I'm paging through all our devices (such as on the device update screen), I click the 'next' button, and it takes me to the top of the page, when I might just want to click 'next' again.

Would prefer if this was a configurable option.

Would also prefer if the navigation buttons were at the top and the bottom too.