error when enrolling iPad

NicoMaes
New Contributor

I'm trying to enroll an iPad. When I make contact with WiFi, the devices tells me it will contact external management. After clicking "next", a user name and password are asked. My admin login doesn't work (doesn't recognize it). 
The device is available in Jamf. What's going wrong?

4 REPLIES 4

GuyK
New Contributor III

In your DEP profile, you have enabled user authentication (used for 1-on-1 deployment models). If this is the goal (to personalise devices), then read: https://docs.jamf.com/jamf-school/deploy-guide-docs/Enrollment_Settings.html.

In the beginning of that document, you will find the text below.

To configure authentication during enrollment, you must configure the Authentication settings. For more information, see the following sections in this guide:

NicoMaes
New Contributor

Hi Guy, thanks for your answer.

The iPad with the problem is the only one which has this issue. None off al the other iPaddevices ask my username, nor my password to finish the enrollment.

My login and my password (admin login) aren't recognized by the system on that particular iPad ..

NicoMaes
New Contributor

Hi Guy, thanks for your answer.

The iPad with the problem is the only one which has this issue. None off al the other iPaddevices ask my username, nor my password to finish the enrollment.

My login and my password (admin login) aren't recognized by the system on that particular iPad ...

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Perhaps to better understand your issue is to give us a photo. If you have ADE asking for credentials then your JSS admin login won't apply here. It's either looking for a user in Jamf Pro or an LDAP user account. If you're the only one managing your fleet and you didn't assign this particular serial number a different prestage then I suggest restoring it using Apple Configurator and giving it another shot.