Jamf 100 Practice test

nishgabas
New Contributor

I am currently studying for my Jamf 100 and have ran into a couple question on the Jamf 100 practice test and I am not sure I understand the material or understand the questions. Can you all give me a hand?

1. Supervision is available as part of a computer PreStage Enrollment configuration. 

a. True (my answer)

b.False  (answer according to the answer sheet)

1. Which method can be used to enroll a mobile device with Jamf Pro? 

a. Apple School Manager  (correct answer according to the answer key)

b. Recon 

c. Volume Purchasing of Apps and Books 

d. User-Initiated Enrollment  (my answer)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AntMac
Contributor

Hi there 

The first one is a little bit of a trick question in that supervision is a prestage option but not for that platform. Supervision is only an option for mobile prestage not computer prestage.

Edited out my response about the user User-Initiated Enrolment being disabled by default. That is correct for MacOS not mobile. 
Thinking that the second one is maybe not worded as well as it could be. School manager would be the cleaner, easier option for a JAMF admin just starting out. For User-Initiated Enrolment there are whole mass of extra settings that need to be setup for it to work correctly depending on if is company owned or BYOD. The flow options for that would be a lot to cover in an intro to JAMF course. Just my 10 cents. 

Hope this helps clear things up. :)  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AntMac
Contributor

Hi there 

The first one is a little bit of a trick question in that supervision is a prestage option but not for that platform. Supervision is only an option for mobile prestage not computer prestage.

Edited out my response about the user User-Initiated Enrolment being disabled by default. That is correct for MacOS not mobile. 
Thinking that the second one is maybe not worded as well as it could be. School manager would be the cleaner, easier option for a JAMF admin just starting out. For User-Initiated Enrolment there are whole mass of extra settings that need to be setup for it to work correctly depending on if is company owned or BYOD. The flow options for that would be a lot to cover in an intro to JAMF course. Just my 10 cents. 

Hope this helps clear things up. :)  

TraceyJoyce
New Contributor
New Contributor

Good luck on the test! If you run into any other tricky questions in your prep, send them here! It helps us all learn :)