JAMF School and Xerox printers

thasim1981
New Contributor II

I am new to Jamf school and Apple Macbook. We recently upgraded our printers to Xerox Altalink C8155. I have downloaded the driver from the xerox website and uploaded the pkg to Jamf school. I can see that the app got installed. But the printers are still taking the generic printer driver and this resulted in users not getting the option to print back to back or some other useful features by xerox. Can some one please guide me on how to install the drivers correctly. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

K3v1nK33ch
New Contributor III

I just recently wanted to remotely install printers using Jamf School to my faculty MacBooks, and called Jamf support to help me walk through the process. I did exactly what you did, pushed the drivers out as a package then I followed this guide they helped me with.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ijg2JHCFLiY1YxiXHfKnIXRad5KPJhrwxxud3PWxxv4/edit?usp=sharing

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

After installing the printer driver, did you delete the printer/s on the Mac and re-add it? Should see more options for drivers after deleting and re-adding the printers.

thasim1981
New Contributor II

After pushing the printer driver through Jamf, I have done 'reset printers' in my macbook and then pushed the printers through jamf profile. The printers are getting listed , but still with generic printer. 

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

You may have to redo the printers through Jamf. Can you delete the printer and re-add it with the correct driver on a Mac, then capture that in your Jamf?

thasim1981
New Contributor II

Sorry, what do you mean by 'then capture that in your jamf?

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Did you push the printers through Jamf Profile? You may need to redo this part to reflect the changes with the driver.

thasim1981
New Contributor II

Yes, pushed the printers thrugh a profile and installed the driver through apps . 

thasim1981
New Contributor II

Is there an article available on how to package print  drivers in jamf?

lehmanp00
Contributor III

We use the scripting Module to install printers. It works OK. 

#!/bin/bash

lpadmin -p <printername> -E -v lpd://<sever>/<printername> -P /Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/Xerox\ Altalink\ B8145.gz -o auth-info-required=negotiate -o XRTrays=FiveTraysHCTT -o XRFinisher=OF -o XRJobStorage=True

This is using Windows printer queues with LPD. 

K3v1nK33ch
New Contributor III

I just recently wanted to remotely install printers using Jamf School to my faculty MacBooks, and called Jamf support to help me walk through the process. I did exactly what you did, pushed the drivers out as a package then I followed this guide they helped me with.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ijg2JHCFLiY1YxiXHfKnIXRad5KPJhrwxxud3PWxxv4/edit?usp=sharing