New interface breaks Device Export - all models as "iPad"

owenh-dow
New Contributor II

As per the title - after the enforced interface update, doing an Export in Devices/Inventory and selecting Model Name results in all iPads showing as "iPad" and not, say, "iPad 9th Gen (Wi-Fi)" or similar.

This makes it horrendously difficult to do any forward planning for replacement of old devices, let alone across 30 instances of Jamf School to get total numbers.

Is anyone else encountering the same issue, or is it just my instances?

~~~~~~

(Steps to recreate - go to Devices/Inventory, click Export, click Select All, or even just Model Name, then open the downloaded CSV and check the Model Name column)

4 REPLIES 4

Englando
New Contributor

We have other issues, I cannot go to the details page of a couple of new iPad Airs and they're not configuring properly.  The Inventory also doesn't work in Chrome for me but it does in Edge.

dletkeman
Contributor II

I submitted a ticket to Jamf Support and this is what they said in reply:

Apologies for the inconvenience here. Our team is aware of the issue and is currently investing this further. We do have this issue noted as product issue number PI119383.

rob1
Contributor

I have the same issue, I have multiple devices and can't differentiate between the models of my devices easily in Jamf. 

1545_asm
New Contributor

In mid-June 2024, they changed the Device export from semicolon-delimited to comma delimited, and most of the field names changed. I presume this was related to the new Device interface.

Then a couple of weeks after, the field name "Model" changed to "modelFullName"

And yesterday (12 August), the Device export has reverted to the semicolon-delimited version, but some of the field names are different again.

Why do they have to keep fiddling? It wastes so much time adjusting my reports to cope with the new formats.