New to Jamf School

user-ray77
New Contributor III

Hello!

Would it be correct in saying that Jamf School is more of an iPad focused MDM solution. We plan on managing 50 M1 MacBook Airs this year and about 350 M1 MBA's next year, possibly including about 350 iPads of various gens.

Any advice on choosing Jamf School over Jamf Pro coming from a Apple Business Manager/Profile Manager background, which served the immediate needs but looking at doing it better.

Regards,
Ray

1 REPLY 1

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@user-snpqovsIDp Platform wise it's got a 30/70 split favoring iPads, but then again any MDM only solution will favor the device that plays nicer with it. Personally I'm managing my Macs in Jamf Pro and my much larger iPad deployment in Jamf School. The benefits of having a locally installed binary with Jamf Pro makes life much easier.

If you're handy with scripting and don't have an adequately sized team to back you up then for the Macs go with the Jamf Pro. That will allow you to turn to automation for tasks that would normally see you manually sending MDM commands then waiting and hoping they did what you wanted them to.

Just beware that this comes with a higher price tag than Jamf School. It's worth it though for the most part.