Shared iPad users displayed with surnames OR first names

sammy
New Contributor

Hi all,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place, but I am experiencing an issue with my jamf school shared iPad deployment regarding display names.

From the list of selectable users, most users have their first name listed, but for a very select few users, their accounts are listed with their last name instead of their first name. This has become confusing for the younger students here at the school I manage. Hope that makes sense.

I don't know why this is, their first names only range between four to six characters, and there aren't any users who share the same first or last name as the affected users in the system. If I could list their entire name that would be ideal, but I'm willing to take any advice or solutions to this problem.

My users are provisioned through SFTP sync and uploaded to ASM. I have checked their users through Jamf and it looks like the first and last name are being populated correctly.

Thanks!

- sammy

2 REPLIES 2

ChadScott
New Contributor

I'm in the process of setting up shared iPads as well for primary students. I'm having the same issue where most student names are displaying their first name, but a few are displaying their last name for some reason.

I've checked the records in Apple School Manager and in Jamf School - there is nothing different about them.

ToddsterAU
New Contributor

Having the same issue at one of my schools, have 3-5 users randomly showing as last name instead of first name. Everyone else is correct and they are all showing correctly in Jamf School & Apple School Manager. We also use SFTP sync.