Career

vindegosh
New Contributor

I’ve been at my company for alittle over a year now, we have a bit of a apple environment with a fleet of iPads, some iPhones and apple TV’s. I have became the de facto jamf guy and throughout my tenure at the company so far attended jnuc 2022 (virtually) and completed the jamf 100 certification, I am now looking into the Apple Device support and the Apple deployment and management certification and then possibly jamf 200. Just wanted to get your insights to see if that is a good game plan (ps we have 2 test macs in our environment as well + a unmanaged Mac mini)

2 REPLIES 2

brockwalters
Contributor II

The Jamf training is some of the best technical training in all of technology & the Apple training is now updated to focus more on device management. Your plan is solid! 😎

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Honestly, the plan looks solid. Just know that most companies do not value apples certifications too highly, though they are not bad to have.

Two suggestions:

1. If you goal is to administer macs, dive heavy in to CLI. CLI becomes very important as you dig deeper in to managing Macs.
  2. Once you are comfortable with JAMF, start learning about other MDM platforms as not everyone uses JAMF. The more marketable you are the better. The day may also come where you need to replace JAMF or defend it from replacement.