PCalomeni

Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 11.3. Highlights include:

• Account-Driven Device Enrollment for Computers
    You can use account-driven Device Enrollment to enroll computers with Jamf Pro. Account-driven Device Enrollment allows you to enroll institutionally owned computers with Managed Apple IDs, simplifying the enrollment process. Account-driven Device Enrollment requires computers with macOS 14 or later.
  • Viewing LAPS Passwords in the Jamf Pro Interface
    You can view managed local administrator accounts and passwords in the Jamf Pro interface after enabling Jamf's managed local administrator password solution (LAPS) in the Jamf Pro API. Viewing a LAPS password automatically triggers password rotation according to your LAPS settings. All LAPS events, including password viewing and rotation, are logged.

For additional information on what's included in this release, review the release notes via the Jamf Learning Hub.

To access new versions of Jamf Pro, log into Jamf Account with your Jamf ID. The latest version is located in the Products section under Jamf Pro.

Cloud Upgrades

Your Jamf Pro server, including any free sandbox environments, will be updated based on your hosted data region below. Review this guide if you need assistance identifying the Hosted Data Region of your Jamf Cloud instance.

If you would like to upgrade manually, navigate to https://account.jamf.com/products/jamf-pro and click Upgrade (Standard Cloud) or Schedule Upgrade (Premium Cloud) at the top of the page.

Subscribe to product alerts to receive real-time updates.

Hosted Region Begins Ends
ap-southeast-2 8 March at 1300 UTC 8 March at 2200 UTC
ap-northeast-1 8 March at 1500 UTC 9 March at 0100 UTC
eu-central-1 8 March at 2300 UTC 9 March at 0900 UTC
eu-west-2 9 March at 0000 UTC 9 March at 0700 UTC
us-east-2 9 March at 0500 UTC 9 March at 1800 UTC
us-west-2 9 March at 0800 UTC 9 March at 2100 UTC

Comments
csummerville
New Contributor II

Is US-East-2 supposed to be US-East-1 or is US-East-1 not included?

shawn_eberle
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@csummerville Thanks for the question, In late December 2023, we made us-east-2 our new default east region.  

csummerville
New Contributor II

Good to know!  We've been US-East-1 all along and didn't know there was a change.  Also, the link provided in the 11.3 email about Jamf Cloud Hosted Data Regions (https://learn.jamf.com/bundle/technical-articles/page/Jamf_Cloud_Hosted_Data_Region_Information.html) does not list US-East-2, just US-East-1.

shawn_eberle
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Apologies for that feeling like it was a sudden change.  Thanks for the documentation call-out as well.  We have a few other spots we updating and will get this added to the list. 

M4tr1xN3o
New Contributor II

Updated our sandbox environment yesterday. Glad to see LAPS passwords now available in the GUI. 

I have however noticed that the Enrollment Method is not displayed if the device is enrolled using Prestage enrolments.

M4tr1xN3o_0-1708517711557.png

Not sure if others are seeing the same behaviour.

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

@M4tr1xN3o We are seeing the same.

austin_stewart
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@M4tr1xN30 - thanks for sharing this. Are you using Enrollment Customization by chance? I've gotten a couple reports of this with enrollment customization enabled and are working on our end to reproduce.

M4tr1xN3o
New Contributor II

Hey @austin_stewart - Thanks for replying. 

No enrollment customisations here. Just a standard prestage enrollment profile.

austin_stewart
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks for confirming @M4tr1xN3o , I'll add that to our notes as we look at it.

M4tr1xN3o
New Contributor II

@austin_stewart Thanks 🙌

eric-holtam
New Contributor III

Does the Enrollment issue affect scoping or only the UI?

dhausman
Contributor

Looks like the release notes say Java 21 is recommended and preferred. I work in a Windows environment, I removed Java 11 and installed 21.  When I run the Jamf windows installer, it complains about Java because it is expecting Java 11.  I called support and got a ticket entered, and for the time I re-installed Java 11, but I suspect the documentation related to Java 21 does not apply to 11.3.

Hopefully this saves someone a little time when upgrading. 

m_entholzner
Contributor III
Contributor III

@dhausman confirmed for Linux based installations too.

So either the installers are buggy or the documentation is incorrect at this time... 

tdenton
Contributor

Should I have the ability to upgrade my instance via my jamf account. I don't seem to have the option.

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

as @eric-holtam said.. "Does the Enrollment issue affect scoping or only the UI?"

If it effect scoping.. bad things may happen..

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

@jamf-42  and @eric-holtam  scoping is NOT affected.  Its just UI.

MatG
Contributor III

You announce but don’t release ( I know we can do it ourselves) due to bugs but then are not transparent about issues and give no further timelines of fix. This also happened with 11.2 release.

rstasel
Valued Contributor

Hey @PCalomeni ,

I'm really curious... the cloud team started on us-west-2 at 11pm PST on 3/8... which means you started at 0700 UTC on 3/9... which is the second time they've started an hour early. The email said 0700 UTC, but this notice says 0800. 

Can we figure out if the Cloud team is just jumping the gun, or we're posting the wrong start times here?

rstasel
Valued Contributor

even more interesting... we didn't get updated. we're still on 11.2.1... 

shawn_eberle
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@rstasel Good morning that was just a cloud typo setting up the automated emails, this page was correct. In standard mass upgrades, we set them up for your hosted regional midnight. If your server was not upgraded please get in touch with your support resource and ask them to open a cloud ticket. 

rstasel
Valued Contributor

@shawn_eberle Thanks. So you're saying the emails went out an hour early but they didn't actually start until 0800 UTC?

And yes, we have an email in with support. Our customer service rep confirmed a small number of instances seem to have been skipped or... something. =(

shawn_eberle
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@rstasel Correct the email went out an hour early, the upgrades were at 0800 UTC, and thank you!

rstasel
Valued Contributor

Great, thanks! This also happened with the 11.2.1 upgrade... emails stated 0700. Is there some more systemic issue here?

StadtHusum
New Contributor III

@dhausman

We also stayed on Java 11 as per PI116512.

Out of interest, are your Jamf Pro Server Tools also showing Tomcat as "Not Running" even though it is?

Version history
Last update:
a month ago
Updated by:
Contributors