In our environment all devices are required to be encrypted. When a
student graduates, the laptop they were issued is given to them. We run
a cleanup script that removes our software, admin accounts, removes the
JAMF framework and then reboots for ho...
I'm working with a 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro with TouchID (Mid 2017)
using OS X 10.13.6 that is being prepped for deployment. This unit will
eventually be encrypted, but at the moment it is not. Early on, one of
the other techs ran into an issue ini...
I've put in place software restrictions for student laptops that don't
meet specific criteria, mainly an encrypted drive. The restriction is
scoped to a smart group and exemption placed on a second smart group.
Here's the workflow: Laptop A needs to ...
We have a number of smart groups with wildcards (%) in the criteria. I
upgraded to 9.7 from 9.67 yesterday and the number of machines included
in all of our smart groups using wildcards changed. In working with
Juston from JAMF tech support, we disco...
We ran into this in the spring with 4 or 5 laptops, different model
years, but all migrating from Catalina to Monterey. We don't jamf
connect, so I don't believe that factors in here. My research pointed
more towards an issue with the os upgrade pack...
We have our student laptops all printing to an authenticated global
print queue. They use the PCClient app and it works quite well for us.
If our students run into printing issues, it's mostly from being on the
wrong wireless VLAN. Otherwise, this ha...
While I needed a solution to run as Root and not the end user, I used
this post as a starting point and put my own spin on it. Posting my
snippet of code that it may be helpful to someone in the future.This has
worked very consistently for me. ## Var...
@tcandela I used the exact adobe_prtk string that you referenced above
when I created my prov.xml file. I had read this thread at length,
followed the link to the Adobe tech page and went forward from there. I
find it interesting that we have come at...
@tcandela Just a quick update. I was able to do everything with one
policy. I deploy the Acrobat Installer.pkg along with a homemade pkg
that delivers the adobe_prtk and the prov.xml file to /private/tmp. I
then run the serialize and activate command...