DUO MFA no longer working after Azure AD login when upgraded to Monterey 12.3 . Shows blank window

sunnyk21
New Contributor II

When the Mac is upgraded to 12.3 the Jamf connect gets stuck at DUO MFA login screen post AAD login at login window

Rolling back to 12.2.1 and it works fine

Any compatibility issue with 12.3 and Jamf Connect 2.10?

screenshot of post AAD login

cGt6xWWk.jpeg

23 REPLIES 23

andyinindy
Contributor II

Yes! Several of us are having the same issue and have opened Apple enterprise support cases (it’s not a Jamf Connect issue). I’d recommend you do the same. Our case numbers are:

MikeyJAP
New Contributor II

This is an issue with 10.5.7 in our environment as well and only with factory reset Macs, not with already provisioned Macs. I'll look further into this issue and update this post.

MikeyJAP
New Contributor II

MikeyJAP_0-1647549933075.png

In our environment, VMware Carbon Cloud also broke. We noticed a few deprecations including python 2.7 which might had been important for these applications to work.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/macos-release-notes/macos-12_3-release-notes

user-LYBGeLSLLt
New Contributor II

We have the same Problem, but we have it directly in Prestage, we got the Window to logIN with our AD Accounts and then we receive an blank Window, does someone have a workaround ? 

We have the Problem since 1 Month, but only with new Members, if they get onboarded, i  tried with my Credentials and it works...its really wired

bk-hm
New Contributor

The login screen replacement seems to be completely removed after the 12.3 upgrade on our systems.  We were using Onelogin.

bk-hm
New Contributor

Actually, I can now confirm the same behavior as OP for our Jamf Connect 2.10.0 install with OneLogin.  Blank box in center of login screen.

sunnyk21
New Contributor II

haven't been able to find a workaround/solution yet. I have a case logged with jamf support.

I did notice SecurityAgentHelper-arm64 process crash report logged in console same time when jamf login attempt is made at login screen

it could be something with com.apple.secureagenthelper.arm64 in 12.3 causing this

MikeyJAP
New Contributor II

Going to look into this, but it's sad that Apple decided to do these major changes on a minor update instead of a major release that would allow administrator to test deeply. 

This update does not feel like a minor update at all.

sunnyk21
New Contributor II

agree, lot of app vendors are having issues with 12.3 and informing customers not to upgrade to 12.3 yet

user-LYBGeLSLLt
New Contributor II

We still have the Problem with BigSur OS.....

rpayne
Contributor II

All of our vendors (DUO, jamf, VMWare), are pointing the finger at pointing the finger at Apple. There doesn't seem to be much movement from Apple on a supposed 12.3.1 to fix these issues (no betas available). I suspect that with the announcement of their "Business Essentials" service announcement, they won't move quickly.

deej
New Contributor III

sunnyk21
New Contributor II

This is not fixed in 12.3.1

I just tested by updating to 12.3.1, the issue remains

Jamf support mentioned this will be fixed in 12.4

cwangerud
New Contributor II

Just updated to 12.4, not knowing it was an issue and our NoMAD login is now gone.  NoMAD is still there, but the branded login we had is no longer coming up and Shutdown, Restart and Sleep are now showing a the regular Mac login instead. Sleep we do have normally either.

12.4 has fixed all our issues. Sounds like maybe your authchanger got reset to the Mac login. Try running:

authchanger -JamfConnect

cwangerud
New Contributor II

We are JAMF Pro on premise. No JamfConnect

I believe for NoMAD the command is: authchanger -reset -AD

@Manny_TBCS wrote:

I believe for NoMAD the command is: authchanger -reset -AD

Thank you, that worked PERFECT!!!!!!!

No problem, glad it worked 😊

Manny_TBCS
New Contributor II

I can confirm, I updated to 12.4 on my work MacBook a couple days ago and without having to make any other changes the Jamf Connect login window started working again.

gknacks
New Contributor III

PingFederate is also impacted. Our PingFederate instance does not interact with or leverage DUO from what IT Sec advised.

rpayne
Contributor II

I can confirm, the issue is resolved in 12.4 beta. So now we wait.....

Manny_TBCS
New Contributor II

I can also confirm, 12.4 Beta 4 and Jamf Connect works properly now that I've installed it. It did not work on 12.3.