Force Password Sync Popup?

WS
New Contributor II

Hello, we are testing Jamf Connect, and one issue we run into is after you change your AAD password, a Jamf notification will show in the MacOS notifications stating your passwords are not in sync. However, a lot of us use Focus Mode and do not see the popup, and user's will often ignore their notifications because you get so many of them throughout the day.

How can we force that Jamf password sync notification to automatically open after Jamf detects passwords are out of sync, instead of being a passive, ignored notification?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

WS
New Contributor II

Hey Firojhde, that option is not available in Jamf Pro, however, we are looking for a solution for the password sync notification to automatically open, not just show in the notifications, which are easily ignored or silenced.

WS
New Contributor II

Thanks all for the assistance, we do have notifications enabled. How would we use the Jamf notifications settings to force the Jamf Password Sync popup box to automatically open once Jamf detects a password sync is needed? It looks like the only way to tweak the notifications is if you have a bundle ID to point to, which the Jamf sync popup does not have as far as I know.

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 8.34.05 AM.png

WS
New Contributor II

Quick Update: After reaching out to Jamf support, they told me to submit a product feature request, so it is not possible to force Jamf users to sync their passwords, the users will need to manually click on the notification.

Did you ever make that product feature request?

I searched about 10 pages to see if there was a feature request but couldn't find one so I created one.

Idea created: JN-I-27406