How to suppress the Jamf Connect Sign in window?

DDC
New Contributor

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 11.19.40 AM.png

Looking for some guidance on how to suppress the Jamf Connect sign in window for a strictly local user account. In this particular work flow we have a few Mac's setup as Podcast stations using Hindenburg because of this there's only a local account on the machine called "Podcast" to preserve the application preferences. I would like to allow network logins on these machines (if possible) by leaving the Jamf Connect client installed. 

The issue I'm having now is when a user signs into the local "Podcast" account they're presented with the Jamf Connect "sign in" window which is causing confusing. I've gone over the various Jamf Connect keys but I can't seem to locate any options to suppress this window.

Help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

The preference key you are looking for is PasswordSyncBlockList under Password policies. 

<key>PasswordPolicies</key>
    <dict>
      <key>PasswordSyncBlockList</key>
      <array>
        <string>Podcasts</string>
      </array>
    </dict>

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

The preference key you are looking for is PasswordSyncBlockList under Password policies. 

<key>PasswordPolicies</key>
    <dict>
      <key>PasswordSyncBlockList</key>
      <array>
        <string>Podcasts</string>
      </array>
    </dict>

DDC
New Contributor

Thank you!

I was on the right path but I missed the <key>PasswordPolicies</key> portion from my code, I would have completely missed this without your post.

justin_beek
New Contributor III

How does one update the configuration to add this? Maybe I am just too tired...I can't find where in the configuration profiles.