Jamf Connect Login and Google GSuite? Anyone have it working?

musat
Contributor III

Hello,
I am starting the trial of Jamf Connect to see about using that to login to our district MacBooks using our Google GSuite account. I believe I have the OAuth configured properly, but am not stumbling through using the Jamf Connect Configuration app. Again, I think I have the settings correct. When I run the Test in the upper right I do get the Google login page, but then I get the "Unable to load Identity Provider" message, so I am guessing I am missing something.
The documentation leaves much to be desired considering that there are a LOT of options, all with fairly minimal information as to whether you actually need to set them to anything.
So, I am wondering if anyone out here has Jamf Connect / Login working successfully using the Google authentication to log in to a Mac.
Thank you for any direction you can provide,
Tim Musa

6 REPLIES 6

Mkh
New Contributor III

Hey @musat

I'm doing the same thing atm, trialing Jamf Connect with my IdP "Google", i'm encountering the same issue you mentioned above, Have you managed to fix it ? any tips ?

musat
Contributor III

@Mkh, I found out that the trial DMG I was using expired. Once I redownloaded the Jamf Connect DMG and reinstalled with a new trial expiration everything started working. Even using the Jamf Connect Configuration app.

Mkh
New Contributor III

Hmm weird ! my trial is not expired yet & i'm still getting that error message when I try to authenticate a user account with G suite !

Mkh
New Contributor III

I contacted Jamf, they sent me another .pkg and it worked perfectly after re-installing it.

Thanks for the help :)

ASVtechnology
New Contributor III

Could be that these option will be only available on Jamf Pro and not School really?

Thank you

sharriston
Contributor III

Have you ever read the traveling tech guy blog he has great step by step instructions. i followed this to get my trial set up.

Instructions for Goolge Identity Provider and Jamf Connect