Managing Outlook OLM files

fansigain
New Contributor

We're making changes to how we manage Outlook/Exchange data, and are implementing a policy on PCs where users will only be allowed to read PST files. They won't be able to attach new ones, and already-attached ones will only allow them to read and they'll get a message that they don't have rights to add new data to it if they try (using the PSTDisableGrow setting).

I'm implementing the DisableExport and DisableImport preference settings on Mac, but I'm not finding a macOS/Outlook setting that corresponds to the PSTDisableGrow setting in Windows. Is there such a thing on Mac?

What else can we do to keep users from adding emails to local storage on their Macs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Looks like Microsoft makes keys for both DisableExport and DisableImport as you noted but I am not seeing one for PSTDisableGrow. I would suggest reaching out to your Microsoft TAM for options and solutions with Outlook. It could be simply that Microsoft does not offer PSTDisableGrow for Outlook on Mac.

MacOS itself has no concept of managing Outlook. Your management options would come from Microsoft and what keys they put in com.microsoft.office for Outlook to read. If Microsoft does not put the key in there, then Outlook does not respect it. PSTDisableGrow could be totally unnecessary on Outlook for Mac also.

Set preferences for Outlook for Mac - Deploy Office | Microsoft Learn

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Looks like Microsoft makes keys for both DisableExport and DisableImport as you noted but I am not seeing one for PSTDisableGrow. I would suggest reaching out to your Microsoft TAM for options and solutions with Outlook. It could be simply that Microsoft does not offer PSTDisableGrow for Outlook on Mac.

MacOS itself has no concept of managing Outlook. Your management options would come from Microsoft and what keys they put in com.microsoft.office for Outlook to read. If Microsoft does not put the key in there, then Outlook does not respect it. PSTDisableGrow could be totally unnecessary on Outlook for Mac also.

Set preferences for Outlook for Mac - Deploy Office | Microsoft Learn