NoMAD / Nomad Login...future ?

astiephi
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I think we all appreciate the development of JAMF Connect, which is very good for the future of all forms of Cloud identity management.

Now, a lot of customers still have AD on-prem, and will not go to the Cloud in the near future. So NoMad is still available, but clearly, it is not developed an supported at the same pace by our beloved JAMF experts :)

What can we expect in terms of future releases ?
We need Nomad / Nomad Login, we want it the JAMF quality !

40 years of Apple Experience... but not that old ! :)
9 REPLIES 9

josh_wisenbaker
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

TL;DR; We haven't forgotten about NoMAD, we are just very very busy!

We are dedicated to continuing the upkeep and development of our opensource projects as that work is used in a lot of the Jamf Connect projects as well. For example there was recently a new release of NoMAD Login AD.

While there are varying levels of community contributions to the code we realize that the majority of the work falls to us at Jamf. Right now it's simply a matter of resources and time as we continue to add features to the Jamf Connect products. As those become more mature we will have more time to spend with the open source projects.

When O&G joined Jamf we made sure that the open source projects would remain open source and supported. Everyone in Jamf, to the highest levels, understands that fully.

L-plateAdmin
Contributor

I just wanted to add my thanks again for keeping the open-source components going. We are about to move to our Mojave build and it darkens my heart's that the normal login window still won't offer a helpURL for our password manager or can't respect all the ad attributes for logging in like forced password changes, that's something my company absolutely relies on windows

Here's hoping for the future

marklamont
Contributor III
clearly, it is not developed an supported at the same pace by our beloved JAMF experts :)

I wouldn't say that, NoMad login has the userInput login screen method before Jamf Connect does. Which made me build a workflow that had to use NoMad login to start then switch to Jamf Connect Login!

nkuhl30
Contributor

I wanted to move our student lab machines to NOMAD Login this Summer but it's not ready for primetime yet. I need some sort of connection status message when a user is attempting to log in. That communication is crucial. I'd also like a wireless connection icon somewhere.

MrRoboto
Contributor III

Is anybody actively deploying NoMAD Login AD on their Catalina Macs?

We are already using NoMAD with our AD bound Macs. I am testing Catalina now and was excited to finally ditch the bind by implementing NoLOAD but it looks like the development has gone stale. Version 1.3.0 was released a year ago?

mntbighker
New Contributor III

Version 1.4 is RC4, and about to drop. If you follow NoMAD Login on Slack you can see the scuttlebutt. I'm working with NoLo on Catalina now.

MrRoboto
Contributor III

@mntbighker Thanks. I will wait for 1.4 and start testing. Looks like NoLoad now has built in notify functions so it can replace DEPnotify but at the login window. Woohoo!

marklamont
Contributor III

@MrRoboto NoLo has more notify functions that JCL,I did a demo at JNUC that used the notify userinput because JCL couldn't do it...frustrating but true.

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Hey All,
I'm trying to find a way to have users authenticate using an ldap proxy server (would be great if i could pass authentication through Infrastructure manager) since remote learning started we need to have people be able to login with their credentials from their home network. Anyone have a suggestion for this? (without using a VPN).

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools