Pre-stage - issue

jameson
Contributor II

For some time I have had some strange issues with pre-stage and setting up new mac´s

I am using jamf connect and setup the package in pre-stage. All new mac´s are in the scope the sync between Apple business manager is fine.

I bootup a new mac and put in on wifi etc - and it also shows the management framework, that it is enrolled to company

Afterwards the jamf connect package should apply, but instead it sometimes jumps to local account creation(which I have disabled in pre-stage setup) - or it just shows the login screen with the management account I have setup in prestage.

If I wipe the device it may work fine the 2nd time, but it is so randomly. Anyone has seen something similar on where the error is ? So frustrating that a wipe sometimes is needed

2 REPLIES 2

henrik_schack
New Contributor II

Hi Jameson
DEP/Pre-stage problems is not a new thing, it has been a known (and not yet fixed issue) for 4 years!
https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/22488/dep-prestage-issue-macs-not-picking-up-prestage

We have the issue as well, around 70% of our Macs fail automatic enrollment :-(

Flaurian
Contributor

I've the same issue but just with Jamf Connect 2.0.0. If I changing it to Jamf Connect Login v1 it works