Super Stoked

lekhanani
New Contributor

This may not be the place, but I saw the Jamf 200 post and I figured “what the hell?” I found out today they I too earned the Jamf 200 certificate and am super excited as my first experience with Jamf started less than 6 month ago. My question is…can anyone provide suggestions on what I should be proficient in before taking the 300 level course. Is there any go to Bash scripting classes or something else that will facilitate a passing 300 grade? Thank you in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

sudoBrandon
New Contributor II

Congrats on the 200!  The way Jamf training is presented is a new thing will be introduced in one level of training and then enhanced in the next level.  Everything you learned in the 200 will carry over to the 300.  If you look at the course resources page you can navigate through the 300 learning plan.  The 300 will expand on Jamf Pro administration.  It's a fun class.

View solution in original post

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Congrats on your 200. As @sudoBrandon suggested, check the JAMF 300 training docs. The Class follows the training docks to the letter. The best advise I have, lean heavy in to Scripting and JAMF Server management as those are the biggest additions to the material over the JAMF 200.

• JAMF Training is great for the Server management bit.
  • Unfortunately there are not a lot of good options for scripting resources aside of random pluralsight and youtube stuff for bash and zsh in general, there will be next to nothing macOS specific. I suggest starting to try to approach a lot of your daily tasks with scripts and learn with that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sudoBrandon
New Contributor II

Congrats on the 200!  The way Jamf training is presented is a new thing will be introduced in one level of training and then enhanced in the next level.  Everything you learned in the 200 will carry over to the 300.  If you look at the course resources page you can navigate through the 300 learning plan.  The 300 will expand on Jamf Pro administration.  It's a fun class.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Congrats on your 200. As @sudoBrandon suggested, check the JAMF 300 training docs. The Class follows the training docks to the letter. The best advise I have, lean heavy in to Scripting and JAMF Server management as those are the biggest additions to the material over the JAMF 200.

• JAMF Training is great for the Server management bit.
  • Unfortunately there are not a lot of good options for scripting resources aside of random pluralsight and youtube stuff for bash and zsh in general, there will be next to nothing macOS specific. I suggest starting to try to approach a lot of your daily tasks with scripts and learn with that.