Hey Jamf, the Covid-19 pandemic is over. Bring back in-person training.

stevenjklein
Contributor II

Jamf's "Learn in Class" page says:

Due to the COVID-19 outbreak we have paused the scheduling of in-person courses. Visit our Learn Online page for remote training resources.

It's been more than two years since most business offices re-opened. Jamf should bring back in-person training.

Benefits of in-person training:

• Coworkers don't bug me when I'm out of town for training.  If I'm in-town, coworkers think nothing of reaching out to me for help. Even when they know I'm in training. Even if I "attend" training from my home.
  • Get to socialize with other Mac / Jamf admins, which leads to
  • Informal knowledge sharing (which has been totally absent from almost all online training I've had)

I've been out to Jamf's Minneapolis HQ twice for training, and now that I want to get my 400 cert, I'd like to go back.

Here's a photo I took of their building, as seen from the Minneapolis Skyway:Jamf headquarters.png

4 REPLIES 4

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

No. I would much rather keep things remote, and not need to deal with a hotel and travel arrangements. 

On a side note, Jamf does have the Jamf 400 in person this spring.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

As much as I enjoyed doing the CCA and CCE certifications at Jamf HQ in Minneapolis I have to agree with @AJPinto, having the courses available remotely makes them much more accessible so I hope Jamf will provide both options in the future.

There's also less informal knowledge sharing with the in-person trainings than you might remember since Jamf stopped providing a catered lunch (or at least they had for in-person trainings as of 2019).

ti Be clear: I wasn’t suggesting in-person only. No reason they can’t do both, if the demand is there. 

Jamf 400 is the class I want to take!  But I can only find remote classes on the Jamf training site. 

Where did see something about in-person training for 400?

wildfrog
Contributor II

As much as I would prefer the training in-person, everyone I've talked to at Jamf have all said "ain't gonna happen". 

And I get Jamf's point of view. Even before the pandemic, outside of Minneapolis, Chicago, NYC & LA, it could be hard to get enough attendees to even have the class. I know here in Columbus they tried a couple times to do 200 before they finally got enough interest.

That said. . .I took 300 and 370 last spring. Remote. And they went much better than I expected.

I will say that, as the person in my company who pays for the courses, I'm a little disappointed that they've kept the pricing the same for the remote courses as they charged for in-person. But on balance, I can't complain too much about the remote delivery of the course.