I need help with packaging Homebrew-4.4.0.pkg using Jamf composer

JamfHelp
Visitor

Hi Everyone,

Am trying to Packaging Homebrew-4.4.0.pkg using Jamf composer

When i install Homebrew-4.4.0.pkg on clean Mac machine it will install without issue it shows Homebrew 4.4.0 when checked on terminal with brew -v

but

When i package it using jamf composer and install the packaged Homebrew on other Mac machine it will show Homebrew 4.3.0 on terminal with brew -v.

Can someone please help me with this, packaging Homebrew 4.4.0 is not right?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

There is a requirement, installing Homebrew-4.4.0.pkg is asking Xcode command Line as pre-req so repackaging it to combine both xcode and homebrew in one .pkg

View solution in original post

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

ugh.. don't do that.

get CLI tools pkg.. and upload that and combine the two pkgs in the one policy..  

don't forget CLI tools is 700MB? ish and can take time to install..  if you have devs that need brew, you may want to deploy CLI tools as part of onboarding.. 

Shyamsundar
New Contributor II

You can download and install Xcode Command Line Tools through the Apple Developer portal

1. Go to developer.apple.com/downloads and log in with your Apple ID.
  2. Type "command line tools" in the search field and hit Enter.
  3. Download

6 REPLIES 6

There is a requirement, installing Homebrew-4.4.0.pkg is asking Xcode command Line as pre-req so repackaging it to combine both xcode and homebrew in one .pkg

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

ugh.. don't do that.

get CLI tools pkg.. and upload that and combine the two pkgs in the one policy..  

don't forget CLI tools is 700MB? ish and can take time to install..  if you have devs that need brew, you may want to deploy CLI tools as part of onboarding.. 

Thanks, will do the same

Shyamsundar
New Contributor II

You can download and install Xcode Command Line Tools through the Apple Developer portal

1. Go to developer.apple.com/downloads and log in with your Apple ID.
  2. Type "command line tools" in the search field and hit Enter.
  3. Download

Thanks