"License Not Found" Error

jwarzech
New Contributor

About 75% of the apps I'm trying to push to an open enrolled freshly provisioned Macbook Pro aren't installing,

I am using Jamf Now Plus and have test a variety of apps including Keynote, Numbers and Pages.

I have "purchased" a pool (100 licenses) through Business Manager and they show up correctly in my Jamf portal. However when trying to install I am getting a "License Not Found" error dialog (with the Mac App Store icon) on the Computer and an "Installation failed. Will retry in 24 hours." error inside of the Device profile on Jamf.

The odd thing is I've tried with some paid licenses such as Pixelmator and that worked and in some cases Pages work but Keynote and Numbers keep failing.

15 REPLIES 15

jwarzech
New Contributor

We are seeing this happen on iPads as well and can't get the apps to install unless we manually trigger a "re-install" action numerous times per app.

user-zhVIbJOPAZ
New Contributor

We have the same problem!

Expand
Expand

It just happens with apps like numbers, keynote, etc..
"License not found"
We already changed our apple ID password and reuploaded the vpp token

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am seeing the same issue on specific devices for keynote, pages and numbers.

dhekelaar
New Contributor

anyone got a solution? I'm having the same problem

jthurwood
New Contributor III

Hello.  What was the solution for this?  I've tried updating VPP Token, re-creating Appstore policy.

Thanks

Joe

Noer
New Contributor

Hey, has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? Im currently experiencing the same issue specifically with free apps. 

user-KYHwoMOMfC
New Contributor

Seems to be the same issue i'm having

jrozek
New Contributor II

It's a little frustrating that people have been experiencing this for 2 years and there is no answer.  Our JAMF instance began doing this recently.  Had JAMF support look at things, and they can't find anything wrong.  No errors in the VPP logs. 

sfranca
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue - "License not found", but It just happens with iWorks suite - Numbers, Keynote, and Pages. Not found any solution to this problem yet!

blong2
New Contributor

I had success changing the users site to none, running policy, then putting it back it the correct site. Resolved that issue for me.

Where did you find the users site to none option?

Sorry, just now seeing your reply, for us it's under Full Jamf Pro, and it's one of the available drop down menus for SITE, when editing a location. I'm not sure if your org has to set it up some special way, but that's an available option for Computers and Mobile devices in our instance.

pcampos9
New Contributor II

Any true solution on this yet? Struggling with this too

jrozek
New Contributor II

We got ours working -  however our issue was that we had the same VPP token for both our production and sandbox environment.

We wiped the token off both servers, generated a new one for the sandbox, and then re-added the original token to the prod environment.

It began working.  We did have to flush out the failed app installs.  

pcampos9
New Contributor II

Thank you, this worked for me, I had to regenerate my VPP token and delete the old instance.

Settings > Global > Volume Purchase 
Deleted the option there
Went to ABM and got a new VPP token

Back to Jamf and upload the new token. Wait and let sync.