1 to 1 rollout-delegating rights in Casper for building principals to add a "punishment" profile.

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

So...I'm very aware of the carrot/stick methodology of managing iPads. Eg. Users who follow the rules and enroll "get the carrot" of full wifi access, use of camera, apps and such and users who fail to follow the rules "get the stick"...or a punishment of some sort like restricted camera access, placed in a penalty box Wifi, etc.

I have given the various "punishments" over to the administration to decide what they are for a given issue. What I have been charged with doing is implementing them.

The implementation I am seeing is a "punishment" mobileconfig file that is scoped to a static group. For example, if Johnny is messing around with the camera during class and it is decided that Johnny needs his camera disabled, the principal wants to be the one to put Johnny in the "disabled camera" static group.

Here's the summed up problem simply...what are the absolute minimum rights I would have to grant to an administrative staff member in the JSS to administer pre-configured punishments that are agreed upon at the district level?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

Mobile Devices: Read
Static Mobile Device Groups: Read and Update

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

Mobile Devices: Read
Static Mobile Device Groups: Read and Update

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

thank you for that...I'm going to Mark you as answer.

Luckily...I don't use static groups for much else so delegating rights to do that is a minimal thing. I may even given them an additional right of clearing device pass codes just to save me a headache, but this sounds good. I was hoping someone had a pre-canned answer and could save me the trouble of figuring it out.

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

We do the same thing for ineligible kids. Add them to the static group which removes the app store. Then we have them delete all their games off the iPad.