Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Something is adding tray): to computer names

Some weird occurrence is happening in our environment. First off: JSS 8.73, on a Mac ProClients are a mix of 10.6.8 and 10.8.5 (issue isn't happening on Mavericks)Our computer names are the computer's serial number Randomly, it seems, tray): is being...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add Local Drive as File Share in the JSS

Firstly I'd just like to know is it possible to add a external USB hard drive as a file share in the JSS. I was thinking of adding it as afp://127.0.0.1/CasperShare . We have policies that we run off a first run script and i was thinking of duplicati...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Install, should I go JDS or FileShare DP?

Hi, We have purchased Casper and I am in the process of arranging our jumpstart. I am getting our operations team to build the required VMs. JSS will be running on WS 2012 R2. I now need to decide on whether to go for a Fileshare DP (WS 2012 R2) or a...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set time server before AD bind

Hey guys, is there a way to set the time server before the mac is bound to AD? We have a script for this, but setting this to "After" won't set the time zone for the new imaged volume."At Reboot" will set the time server after the integrated AD bind,...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Enroll including LDAP UserName?

Greetings,We're a new Casper shop, as of April. We have AD feeding data into Casper. As part of preparing for our rollout, one thing I've been asked to do is figure out if there is a way to have a user provide their LDAP UserName during the Self Enro...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Location services

I'm not sure where I'm missing this in my configuration, but my location services are turned off and I want them on. Where am I missing this?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scope DEP enrollment to specific groups/users

Hi, I am struggling trying to limit DEP enrollment to only real users in Active Directory. We have a couple generic accounts that are able to enroll through DEP. I have added them to the users/groups in the jss without privileges to enroll, yet they ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

link aggregation via command line

Scripting question: I'm trying to bond network ports together on our mac mini servers. I can do it very successfully in the GUI but every attempt i've made at scripting this, creates the bond but fails to add the interfaces to it. Has anyone managed ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Web Interface Freezing....

This is only affecting a handful of our machine records, and I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing similar issues. Scenario: John's mac in the JSS will show any history EXCEPT for policy history.When you try to open the policy history, you just get ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Import names....no LDAP

I did some searching to make sure this hadn't been asked and didn't find anything but a reference to a script.I have .csv files from our SIS that contain all of the students who will be part of our 1:1 iPad deal this year. We don't have an LDAP set u...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1X Configuration Profiles

Hi All, We are in the middle of enabling 802.1X on our network via Ethernet cables, so far we have two configuration profiles, 1 that gives the Mac network before a build with Casper Imaging (802.1x also present in the netboot set) using stored usern...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Configuration Profile Distribution Report!!!

Hi Fellas, The community has been a saviour for me whenever I am struck somewhere with Casper. Need your assistance again to get a report/ list of mac machines where OS X Configuration profile distribution is pending or has failed. We had created OS ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install Printer with non administrator account

Hi to All , I would like to allow non admin users to setup printers on their workstationwhen i go to system preferences --> Parental Controls there is a possibilty when unckeck 'Limit printer administration' but this feature is not present if i want ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP invitation not updating

I cannot seem to accept an invitation to VPP on an iPad. I've tried with both the prompt and via email. The first time I signed into the App Store at the prompt, I agreed to terms and conditions for organization and I got the confirmation that "This ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installation of Kaseya

Hi, I'm fairly new to the Nation but have used the site before. I'm currently trying to figure out how to deploy Kaseya for use in both Casper Imaging and Self-Service. I've tried using Composer to take a "New & Modified Snapshot" and it seemed like ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Store Firewall/Filter issues

Hey everyone! Since installing a new Cisco Ironport filter and ASA firewall, I have been having some issues with the App store in general. I can load the app store fine (as I am exempting the 17. range from Apple), but its almost as if the CSS for th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recovery Key Redirection

Can anyone explain precisely what this profile management setting does precisely? I understand that if you enforce FileVault encryption though profile manager you need to use this, but will it redirect a recovery key of an already encrypted machine t...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group for Java

I have Java RE 7u60 packaged currently and have a smart group setup to deploy to any system without that version. That works great for the most part and reinstalls if anyone removes the software. But if someone upgrades to a newer version before i ha...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gatekeeper Code Signatures and 10.9.5

In case you have not heard, the forthcoming 10.9.5 update will introduce a new requirement for app signatures that may present some problems depending on your client systems' Gatekeeper settings: http://www.tuaw.com/2014/08/04/apples-changes-to-app-s...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Invitation: "Cannot connect to iTunes store"

We are getting ready to hand out a couple of hundred iPads via DEP. In the "General" pane of the pre-stage enrollment we select "Require Authentication" so that students and teachers use their AD credentials. This works fine and creates a user in the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing login screen with Filevault 2 enabled

Has anyone successfully been able to enable FileVault2 on a 10.9.x Mac whilst keeping a custom login screen image in place? We seem unable to do this, and our current theory is that Filevault detects this 'foreign' .png in the usual directory(/System...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors