10.10.4 is out

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

10.10.4 is out

50 REPLIES 50

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

BTW, I was able to set up deployment of the Combo updater to 3 test 10.10.3 machines, no shutdown -r now, @dgreening - it all just worked as normal. No 10.10.2 in this environment so I think I'm good.

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

Good to hear! We still have some stragglers on 10.10.2, so we will likely just leave the Self Service 10.10.4 combo update policy with the "shutdown -r now" so that it will work for all 10.10.x.

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

Like with the 10.10.3 update, after installing 10.10.4 I am not able to launch any CocoaDialog UI elements until after the restart. This is really annoying and breaks my update workflow, since I use that to inform the user that updates are completed and to present a restart countdown timer.

Looks like WindowServer is wrecked until you can reboot.

nessts
Valued Contributor II

same thing happened with 10.10.3 so i just put a warning up that the system would reboot immediately following the installation of the 10.10.3 combo so quit everything now and just wait for the computer to reboot.

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

The good news is that if you have a CocoaDialog window open, you can still use it after the update is installed, it seems like new UI elements simply can't be created because something is wrong with WindowServer. Existing progressbars can still take in new information (text and bar %), but I don't know if any other CocoaDialog elements have that functionality.

I was already using a progressbar to show "Installing updates, please wait..." so once updates complete I convert that progressbar into an "Updates are complete, restart timer will begin shortly..." and then convert that yet again into a restart timer.

It's a little messy and I am having to redo a good chunk of my script, but it works. My only problem now is capturing policy logs if someone restarts the system early, since the policy hasn't technically finished yet. I used to spin off the restart timer as a new thread with a launchdaemon but I can't do that with this new workflow.

jaymckay
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I just updated that plist file, and re-opened autodmg. My only questions is, for 10.10.4, what am I dragging into the OS area? All the App Store seems to let me download is the 10.10.3 14D136 installer, and I still get the message "installer deprecated by 10.10.4 14E46. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
bbbb7013f94e4170a11316bd10ff3022

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Are you on 10.10.4 yet on the box you're using to build the AutoDMG installer? I believe the host OS and AutoDmg'd OS need to match.

russeller
Contributor III

I believe it is only AutoCasperNBI you can have a mismatched OS, right @bentoms ? AutoDMG needs to match like @emilykausalik said.

Kaltsas
Contributor III

I got that error, I just re-downloaded the Install Yosemite app from the App Store and then it worked.

ant89
Contributor

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@ssrussell Correct! AutoCasperNBI does not need the same OS.

https://macmule.com/projects/autocaspernbi/#OSdmg