I am trying to test the automated enrolment process via ABM to Jamf Pro, when trying to complete this process I receive the error MDMResponseStatus error 500. I have manually added a couple of devices to ABM, switch their MDM assignment to point at Jamf Pro, waited to see the device show under devices in Automated device enrolment then restarted. I then go to setup the device and receive our welcome screen, at the stage is says "Installing enrolment profile" we then receive the above error. This test has been done on a couple of different devices, on different networks, they do not seem to be going into the mobiles devices either as some have experienced. I have tried fully removing all records of the device from ABM & Jamf Pro then trying again but receive the same error.
Am I missing something simple here, has anyone else come across this before and knows how to resolve it? It would be a great help, thanks for your time and much appreciated.
I'll be completely honest and say I don't have a direct solution for this but hopefully I can help you troubleshoot further.
First thing I'd check is that your certificates and tokens are in order on your Jamf Pro Instance. You can do this by going to Settings > Global > Automated Device Enrolment and ensuring your Token isn't expired. It may be worth updating your server token anyway by going to your ABM account Settings, selecting your MDM server and downloading a new token from there.
I also noticed you've tried on different networks already, have you try this on any completely unfiltered networks? If not, it may be worth trying to full set up a device on mobile data. If this works, I'd recommend taking a look at Jamf's technical article on the network ports used by the Jamf Pro servers and ensuring they're all allowed through your firewall.
I appreciate your time and help on this, just to confirm this is a Jamf Pro cloud instance. I can confirm the "Automated device enrollment" token hasn't expired and was recently setup. I will refresh the token anyway just to rule this out.
We don't really have a completely unfiltered network but we have tried from 2 home offices, also tried over hot spot. We are looking to try from the business office over the next couple of days.
I have created a new Automated Device Enrollment profile with a new token but still receiving the same message. The device appears in ABM, I select the MDM server. I leave it till it shows under the Automated Device Enrollment profile, I restart the device go through the set and after the welcome screen when it try's to install the enrolment profile I get the error "Enrolling with management server failed - Unexpected error (MDMResponseStatus500)
I have read a fair bit and seems fairly common just not experienced before myself till now. When removing all records from ABM and Jamf, I have been waiting 2-4 hours before attempting again to help make sure it's cleared.
Yes, would be great if anyone from Apple can explain and advise.
Thanks for your assistance