Activating Sibelius 8

msnowdon
Contributor

Hi, Im looking for a terminal command that I can use to activate a stand alone version of Sibelius 8. I want to include it as a post install script, otherwise the user, who doesn't have admin permissions or the key, would need to enter it (or I would have to remote to each of the machines.)

6 REPLIES 6

appleconvert
New Contributor III

+1

daz_wallace
Contributor III

I'm afraid it looks like the only method would be a license server or manual activation / deactivation.

Link

If you're not opposed to the idea of a Sibelius License server, maybe see if you can speak to their Support / licensing teams and see if they'll convert the licenses for you?

Hope that helps,

Darren

msnowdon
Contributor

Okay, thanks.

msnowdon
Contributor

Okay, I'm testing my Sibelius installer packages. I used the native Apple package for Sibelius and I captured all the sounds in a dmg. Upon first launch it asks for an administrator password to allow Sibelius to make changes.

Is there a way to allow Sibelius to make these changes without an administrator password? I think I had a similar problem with Xcode and used a script with DevToolsSecurity and added everyone to the developers group. Im thinking if there is a way to do this with Sibelius.

Or maybe changing the file permissions on the Sibelius folders?

jc_edgar
New Contributor

Did anyone ever find a workaround for this?

msnowdon
Contributor

No, I havent.