Admin report

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

I have a dept that's requesting a list of all the users with local admin rights on their boxes...
is there a way to pull that info? I have their network segment setup to correspond to their building location, which gives me the department machines, but what's the best way to produce the list of admin users for their location?

2 REPLIES 2

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

The old Resource Kit had a custom report called "All Users" or something like that which I believe generated a report of all accounts on every Mac, including the Mac name and whether the account is an admin or not. You could try grabbing the Resource Kit and looking for that and trying it. I'm not sure if any of those custom report files work anymore with the later releases of version 8. I doubt they work with version 9, but I don't know for sure.

Outside of this, the only other way would be an Extension Attribute, or a custom report built using some MySQL query stuff directly against the db.

rdeadmin
New Contributor

I have an extension attribute that grabs the local admin users using the following command:

dscl . read /Groups/admin GroupMembership | cut -f2-5 -d" "

Seems to work pretty well across 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8