Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos

OT: Very small Mac deployment suggestions

I wasn't sure if this would be an ideal place to post something like this or if theres another forum JAMF users use specifically. But its been a while since I've had to manage a small Mac set-up by hand, I have an opportunity to help a company they'r...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow directory listing over VPN?

Hopefully someone here has seen an issue like this. If not, maybe you can commiserate with me... We use Sonicwall Mobile Connect client on our Macbook Pros to connect to a Sonicwall SSL VPN appliance on site to provide remote access to our file serve...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java 8 Update 77 & Safari security settings.

Hi, just curious if anyone else has had issues with the latest Java update playing nice with particular Safari settings. We have our plugins on certain accounts set to ask for permission to run for security, and with Update 77 installed the "Do you w...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

looking at jamf process

Interesting discovery I'm trying to make sense of... /bin/ps auxw |/usr/bin/grep -i jamf|/usr/bin/grep -v grep When executed via the JSS in a policy, I see three processes, Result of command: root 70888 14.3 0.1 2549492 17736 ?? Ss 1:10PM 0:00.23 /us...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Template Replacement for El Capitan

Hey all, For making images, we often like to set up one user and apply all preferences to any user that may sign in with their AD account going forward. In the past, we've been applying the preferences to the User Template and it has worked beautiful...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot Command VS Option Booting issue

Hello everyone!So I got hired back to my old job after a 4 year hiatus and I found the state of the Casper infrastructure in shambles. After a short refresher on everything Casper/Mac I pretty much got everything working except for one glaring aspect...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

ScreenSaver Setup - Bash Script

Hey all, Noticed there are a couple threads on here about setting screensavers. Below is a screenshot after running the script. I have not had much luck with 10.11.4 and the following script: #!/bin/sh #copy VVHSS folder to /Library/ScreenSavers echo...  View more

f0b9b3808cd04e0a89708c0185432ca1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto Update

Afternoon, Does anyone have any information regarding turning off auto updates via terminal command, script etc ?? Using Composer to create the application but don't want users to be promoted upon first run. Kind Regards James  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packages Installed By Casper name

I apologize for what seems to be a simple question - Is the Casper receipt that gets reported back to the JSS (Packages Installed By Casper) based simply on the package file name? So the Casper receipt will basically match the name of the *.pkg?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault Recovery Key Redirection

Is anyone using the "specified URL" option for Recovery Keys? If so, what method are you using? We are trying to determine the best way to store keys outside of the JSS. We don't want all of the HelpDesk techs to be able to download a .txt file with ...  View more

160e2e47447343f5b07c7cd8c42c167a
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Attempting to re-do Prestage Enrollment

Hey guys. Just finished our Jump Start yesterday. We have a few machines we're trying to do a variety of prestage enrollments on for our proof of concept, but we're running into a couple problems. First, if we've gone through prestage enrollment and ...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Spotlight Indexing of Apps Built from Scripts

I've begun testing a number of things I've been working on this year for deployment on our image next year. This includes an OS X application which I created which simply runs a shell script to mount the logged in user's network home folder on the De...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Road Map

Hello Everyone! My manager has asked for a high level (3-5 year) Road Map for Casper. I wanted to check with everyone and get suggestions on things that should be added to it. We have only been using Casper for about 6 months and is still in our test...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disk is read-only and journal is dirty?

I use Casper Imaging (9.82) in target disk mode to image my machines. Today I've been running across the strangest issue. There has been some strange issues reformatting drives over target disk mode, but I thought I worked that out. Then I tried to i...  View more

c2e859d2c30140c182f5163f7e5e73d7
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

View in place upgrade status...

When doing an in place upgrade and you're at the "Installing: About X minutes remain" screen, there use to be a keystroke to bring up a log file to show exactly what it was doing. It has slipped my mind and wondered if it was still possible to view t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling Sharing Name for mobile admins.

Hi guys. It's been a few years since I used the Casper Suite (been on Filewave and then Altiris). I'd like to apologize for my ignorance and I would appreciate any help for something. We have a local admin and some users have mobile admin accounts. T...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lightspeed Web Filter for iOS App

Has anyone had success with setting up the Lightspeed App that allows for Web filtering? I am supposed to configure the plugin on the MDM for my lightspeed rocket. Lightspeed Documentation  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

VMWare Horizon Client 3.5.2 Lab Configuration

I am setting up VMWare Horizon Client for use in a lab, and we have more than one desktop pool available, and some users have access to more than one. Those users who have access to more than one get a screen with the different pools to choose from. ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors