Adobe CC Install Policy with Catalina

emadams
New Contributor III

I looked through the existing discussions about this topic but there weren't any that fit the issue I am having. Our process for deploying Adobe CC is creating a package using Adobe Admin Console, downloading that package and running the downloader file, copying that package over to Jamf Admin. From there we create an install policy and scope that policy to the machines that we want to install the software on. Everything has been running smooth with no issues. That is until I tried to run that policy on an iMac with Catalina 10.15.
I noticed that the software had not installed so I checked the logs on that policy and on the machine name that has 10.15 is just says pending. It has been that way for four days. I then tried running the "sudo jamf policy -verbose" command in Terminal and I received the following result (See attached image).
I have run this same exact process on iMacs with 10.13 and 10.14 with no issues. I am in need of some help. I have got to get this one figured out ASAP. Thank you in advance.
44819d863473489cb0e7d713117ea161

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

robertojok
Contributor

Are you caching then installing cached? If so is the computer scoped to both cache and install cached? Are you able to install other policies okay on this iMac?
Have you tried setting the policy to a different trigger like on startup?
Also confirm your sudo Jamf checkJSSConnection to ensure all’s working.
I’ve installed the latest CC 2020 on a new Catalina iMac and all’s fine.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

robertojok
Contributor

Are you caching then installing cached? If so is the computer scoped to both cache and install cached? Are you able to install other policies okay on this iMac?
Have you tried setting the policy to a different trigger like on startup?
Also confirm your sudo Jamf checkJSSConnection to ensure all’s working.
I’ve installed the latest CC 2020 on a new Catalina iMac and all’s fine.

emadams
New Contributor III

@robertojok THANK YOU! Just to be clear, it was definitely a mistake on my end. Sometimes it just takes an outsider to jog your memory. After I looked at your replay I checked the trigger and it still didn't work. Then I glanced at your replay again and it hit me, the scope! I checked my scope and I had some naming convention issues with the computer names. I made those changes and I have been able to successfully push the Adobe CC package to two different machines running 10.15.3. Thank you again.

mhasman
Valued Contributor

CC 2019 packages give installation error in Catalina, CC 2020 packages are all fine. Wish Adobe gets it documented somewhere

robertojok
Contributor

@emadams no problem. The main issues I have run into with CC 2020 is if the Macintosh HD has less space than anticipated by the installer or if a particular software in the package has problems with the OS dot version. Non the less the installer logs informs you of which application requires storage space than is available or which application has issues with a version of the app.
I have registered to receive emails of available updates from Adobe so I know which app update may cause install issues. Not sure how anyone else scopes their adobe CC updates... I normally target Photoshop version as my smart group criteria...

emadams
New Contributor III

@robertojok That is good to know. I will look into the email updates and the smart group criteria. Going off of the Photoshop application is a good idea. That seems to be the one that is updated more consistently.