Adobe Creative Cloud Complete Install via Self Service

bjbechd
New Contributor

Has anyone actually been able to get this to install correctly via Self Service. We have had nothing but issues. I mean it is 16GB installer and it is installing 65GB of data on a machine. That is just crazy...

7 REPLIES 7

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Can you explain the process you are using? Are you caching the installer to the machine and then making it active in Self Service for the end user, or are you trying to install directly from the DP?

By "Creative Cloud Complete" I'm assuming you mean the entire suite, what would be equivalent to the old Master Suite. How is your CC installer being built? Are you using the Adobe CCPLauncher to build the package, or Composer?

Graves
New Contributor

I am not sure if this helps, but I used CCP to package each individual application. Then put each application into Self Service. You could then create a policy to install all the packages and/or have a policy for each individual program, so the user can decide how much space they want used. I went with the individual applications since not all teachers need ever application, and I have had successful installs with this approach.

bjbechd
New Contributor

@stevewood - We tried both ways. We tried to install it via cached as well as direct and it still failed. To answer your question, yes it is the full suite of Adobe products and it was captured via the Cloud packager that Adobe provides. We have not tried Compose to do so since the packager embeds the key and activates the product.

@Graves - I would love to package each individual application and provide it via Self Service because that WORKS when we do that. BUT... my hands are tied. I was told we can't do it that way :( I completely agree with you that no one will use ALL the pieces of software that gets installed but that is not mu call...

Graves
New Contributor

Does the package have to contain the whole suite, or could you just create a single policy that will install every application package? Then, do not create the individual policies for the applications, so it is still an "All or Nothing" situation.

bjbechd
New Contributor

@Graves - I like the way you think. We will try that to see if that will elevate some of pain... The individual packages in one policy could be policy.

elsmith
Contributor

Just to clarify, I work with @bjbechd. After trying some other options, I decided to take the Full Creative Cloud suite and install it on a freshly built machine and make an image in Composer. I sifted through the strange things it adds and packaged it up. . . and it's installing now. Not only is it working through Casper's Self Service for us, but it is only a 10GB package now, and it installs in less than an hour (the one time we DID get it to work earlier it took over 3 hours to install).

I honestly didn't think that would work, but decided to give it a try. . . hopefully this will help someone else.

@Graves - I really really wish we could have done it the way you suggested since I doubt anyone would really want ALL 25+ packages, but management tied our hands there.

Kumarasinghe
Valued Contributor

We have Adobe CC packaged through CCP and works fine with cached install (pkg wrapped in a dmg).
We have it on SS and also at imaging time on some machines (manual trigger the installer policy).
To be specific that it is the "Design and Web HED collection" but I don't think that would matter.