Anyone using Google for DPs?

swapple
Contributor III

Has anyone been successful using Google as a Jamf DP for their offsite Macs? Do you have some instructions to share?

3 REPLIES 3

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

I'm not using Google but am using Microsoft Azure. Jamf only formally supports CloudFront and Amazon right now, but any SMB share with proper permissions that is configured to let clients anywhere access it properly should work. As a result, I'm leveraging Azure with minimal configuration.

swapple
Contributor III

Nice! Can you share the configurations needed to make that work? I have also been looking into Azure with no success yet.

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

On the Azure side, there are Microsoft-side firewalls to consider...on the JSS side, it's just a simple SMB distribution point with IIS turned on on the Azure server to allow http distribution. My admin merely spun up an Azure instance, created the necessary users and share mounts applied permissions and sharing, turned on IIS and dealt with firewall issues. I use that server as my offsite DP as a result and we don't really pay a lot for it because I only scope certain policies to use it.