App installation notification

aemma
New Contributor

Hi folks,

I am running Casper for about 90 iPads at a small high school.
We are not restricting the App Store, but we are instructing students not to install apps. I'm trying to set up a notification that would alert me if ANY app is installed. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ItsMe_Sean
Contributor

Hi OP

Dunno if there would be a way to do this. I have had a look at the Smart group settings and it only allows the option of seeing if a specific app is installed and not based on number of non standard apps that are installed. Honestly it would just be much easier to disable the app store, as if you disable installing apps, that just disables the app store and installing apps via a synced computer.

If you are going to tell them not to install apps you may as well disable the app store as it would become useless and working at a school myself, if you tell them not to do something, they will do it anyway.

Regards
Sean

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

wilesd
New Contributor III

I don't have anything constructive to add, but based on my experience at schools that's hilariously optimistic. :)

ItsMe_Sean
Contributor

Hi OP

Dunno if there would be a way to do this. I have had a look at the Smart group settings and it only allows the option of seeing if a specific app is installed and not based on number of non standard apps that are installed. Honestly it would just be much easier to disable the app store, as if you disable installing apps, that just disables the app store and installing apps via a synced computer.

If you are going to tell them not to install apps you may as well disable the app store as it would become useless and working at a school myself, if you tell them not to do something, they will do it anyway.

Regards
Sean