Apple Manager/Shared Ipads/LDAP

SVOGELSONG
New Contributor

Hi

I apologize for the newbie question but I am trying to learn a little more about this process.

Right now we have Apple Manager setup with our Powerschool and we use JAMF and we want to use Shared Ipads. We have accounts in Apple Manager, but the temporary passwords would all need created and distributed to 7500 students. Apparently there is no way for the password from Powerschool to push into Apple Manager.

My question is can we utilize LDAP for the password portion of this? Managing the passwords the way it is setup now seems archaic versus using the LDAP info from Active Directory.

So is there anyway to use Apple Manager, JAMF, Powerschool and LDAP to have the Apple accounts created and students would use their AD password to get into the accounts?

Thank you for your help!

1 REPLY 1

bburdeaux
Contributor II

There is no way to use LDAP with Managed AppleIDs, you have to create the temporary passwords and use those to create the permanent password. As for distributing the temporary passwords, we've had success with exporting the login info as a csv then mail merging it into a custom form we've made that we then distribute to the students, as the built in sheets leave a lot to be desired.

Side note: make sure you've set the password complexity you want for the students before creating the logins.