Apple School Manager/Infinite Campus: AutoSync

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Hi
NOT jamf related.... the auto-sync between ASM and IC stopped happening as of 10/29..... anybody happen to know how to get this to resume?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

This sync is initiated from the Apple side.
Apple had a maintenance window on the weekend and they are aware of this issue.
My manual sync is still working, Apple case in the works :)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

This sync is initiated from the Apple side.
Apple had a maintenance window on the weekend and they are aware of this issue.
My manual sync is still working, Apple case in the works :)

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

@Sandy Does your IC > ASM sync pull all courses or only the current semester/quarters? Ours is pulling everything right now making it hard to import into the JSS.

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Our is only pulling active courses. I think has to do with how they are set in Campus. We had to wait until the year started to get them to come in.
We are only pulling Middle School classes into jamf, but it is working as they want. Naming is a bit weird, some teachers have complained as they are not identified by what hour. Only as good as the data is entered in Campus :)

dyi
New Contributor II

Hi Sandy,

I'm trying to integrate IC to ASM but just stays on "connecting to infinite campus this may take a few moments" but never gets past that. Is there anything specific you had to do besides add the API url and the "key" and "secret"? I'm getting the same info from Jamf and Apple on the things i just mentioned, nothing ever happens. I just read in another discussion that there may be issues with on-prem IC rather than IC cloud.

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Hi Daniel,
We are using IC Cloud. We had issues with data coming in, for a few reasons. Not sure if any of this is still relevant but here it is:

first was a product issue in version of Campus (1729) where students who have the No Show value of their enrollment set to Null in the database (as opposed to 1 or 0), their association with their school is not being sent across.

Students must have a User account and "Homepage" set in Campus. Each person record requires a user account to transmit through OneRoster.

System Administration > Calendar > School Years and see that the Start Date and End Date fields are blank. That will be what is affecting your teachers and staff from showing up in ASM. Those fields are used to determine the scope of Employee Assignments that OneRoster focuses on. In Campus 1729, if they're left blank Campus does not send the association between a teacher/staff record and their school. (That has been changed in Campus 1733 and beyond, so Campus now assumes a start date of January 1st of the Start Year field and end date of December 31st of the End Year field as its scope for the Employee Assignments

Finally Apple has set up their system to show students in their system only when the students have an active enrollment. That's not a requirement on our end of things, but it looks like that's how they've set things up. As a consequence, students won't show up in ASM until the first day of school, when the enrollment is active again. Our development team has reached out to our contact at Apple to alert them to this and bring it to their attention that this is not a useful setup for districts and other options are available to them, but we've received no indication from them at this point that they plan to change their setup.

After working through everything above we have been solid.

dyi
New Contributor II

Hey Sandy, thank you so much for that info. The missing piece was the "System Administration > Calendar > School Years and see that the Start Date and End Date fields are blank". I worked with our SIS admin and ASM started pulling in the data from IC.

chrisdaggett
Contributor II

@dyi @Sandy Old thread, I know, but curious as to what you mean by Start Date and End Date fields are blank for School years. Start date and end date are required fields... they cant be blank.

I am having the same problem as DYI, it just spins and spins and never connects.

mahughe
Contributor

we recently moved to IC cloud and now our ASM sync is broken..it appears our OneRoster api is no longer available...any ideas?