Application Inventory Not Appearing in Search Inventory Results

stevefitz
New Contributor

When I look at individual computers I'm able to see the installed applications, however, when I use the 'Search Inventory' feature and the 'Applications' filter there are no results. It's the same if I enter a known application or leave it blank.

Any suggestions? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@stevefitz Doing a Search Inventory on Applications can be set to either search for an "Exact Match" or "Starts with" on an application name by clicking on the "Person" icon in the toolbar of your JSS console, selecting Account Preferences, selecting the Search Preferences tab on the Account Preferences screen, then selecting the mode from the Applications pop-up.

Unfortunately you can't do a wildcard search to list all inventoried apps on the Search Inventory screen.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@stevefitz Doing a Search Inventory on Applications can be set to either search for an "Exact Match" or "Starts with" on an application name by clicking on the "Person" icon in the toolbar of your JSS console, selecting Account Preferences, selecting the Search Preferences tab on the Account Preferences screen, then selecting the mode from the Applications pop-up.

Unfortunately you can't do a wildcard search to list all inventoried apps on the Search Inventory screen.