ASUS Error

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

I know ASUS is not the most popular atm.. But I thought I'd see if anyone can help me..

We've a master ASUS which cascades updates to other ASUS's.

Currently, something has broken & we're seeing errors like the below in the logs for all updates..

So far I've reset ASUS on both master & replica's & clients can see updates on the masters.

The files itself does not exist..

[Thu Feb 24 19:49:51 2011] [error] [client 10.44.61.58] File does not exist: /var/db/swupd/html/content/downloads/03/38/061-2748/rBd6Lj2RWDkvXXBmmzP6X6yFt9vpnk2cvf061-2748.smd

But this one does..

/var/db/swupd/html/content/downloads/03/38/061-2748/rBd6Lj2RWDkvXXBmmzP6X6yFt9vpnk2cvf061-2748/061-2748.smd

I'm seeing the above same behaviour on newly built servers too that are not cascading..

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

teknikal35
New Contributor III

Ihave similar issues , what the procedure of resetting the10.6.8 sus server

teknikal35
New Contributor III

Ihave similar issues , what the procedure of resetting the10.6.8 sus server

bentoms

Try;

sudo rm -rf /private/etc/swupd/com.apple.server.swupdate.plist
sudo rm -rf /private/etc/swupd/com.apple.server.swupdate.plist.previous
sudo rm -rf /private/var/db/swupd/html/content/downloads/*

teknikal35
New Contributor III

Thanks, this looks like it will just remove the current folders, is there another procedure to reset the paths.

acdesigntech
Contributor II

@bentoms, that looks like the issue I was first having with cascading ASUS. I'm sure you've already looked at this, but make sure your master SUS is at or above the patch level of your cascading servers. Of course this is on a group of 10.6 servers. Did you delete the html folder contents on the cascading servers? I've found that the entire contents of the html folder need to be deleted, not just downloads.

@teknikal35, what do you mean by "reset the paths?" The procedure outlined above will force the ASUS to redownload the update files.

bentoms

acdesign.. honestly, i can't remember how i fixed.. but i did :)