Autopkgr Trust info not set

Asnyder
Contributor III

I had autopkgr working fine to update my JSS software. I like it. it works really well. However, I'm now getting the "trust info not set" error. From what I've read it shouldn't be an issue and it should still upload the package and create and the policy to the JSS. But it isn't. Ideas?
e7ca88cce153472e8ecff97bab962b7a

3 REPLIES 3

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Hey @Asnyder, you need to make overrides for the recipes and set the trust info for each one. You may also need to re-configure the trust info if the parent recipes are updated. You can refer to this tl;dr for more info: https://github.com/autopkg/autopkg/wiki/AutoPkg-and-recipe-parent-trust-info#tldr

Asnyder
Contributor III

@emily This is what I've tried:

Alexs-MacBook-Pro:~ asnyder$ autopkg make-override com.github.jss-recipes.jss.OracleJava8
An override plist already exists at /Users/asnyder/Library/AutoPkg/RecipeOverrides/OracleJava8.jss.recipe, will not overwrite it.
Alexs-MacBook-Pro:~ asnyder$ autopkg verify-trust-info com.github.jss-recipes.jss.OracleJava8
com.github.jss-recipes.jss.OracleJava8: FAILED
Alexs-MacBook-Pro:~ asnyder$ autopkg verify-trust-info -vv com.github.jss-recipes.jss.OracleJava8
com.github.jss-recipes.jss.OracleJava8: FAILED
    No trust information present.
    Audit the recipe, then store trust info by running:
        autopkg make-override com.github.jss-recipes.jss.OracleJava8
Alexs-MacBook-Pro:~ asnyder$ autopkg make-override com.github.jss-recipes.jss.OracleJava8
An override plist already exists at /Users/asnyder/Library/AutoPkg/RecipeOverrides/OracleJava8.jss.recipe, will not overwrite it.
Alexs-MacBook-Pro:~ asnyder$ autopkg update-trust-info com.github.jss-recipes.jss.OracleJava8
com.github.jss-recipes.jss.OracleJava8 does not appear to be a recipe override.
Alexs-MacBook-Pro:~ asnyder$

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

@Asnyder the command autopkg update-trust-info YourOverride.jss is what you need to run to create the trust. The verify-trust-info is saying failed because the trust info hasn't been updated yet.

I'd recommend renaming your recipe overrides so they are easier for you to tell apart from the other recipes as you use autopkg from the command line. Maybe YourOrg_OracleJava8.jss or something.