BeyondTrust Remote Support Install

harperS
Visitor

Testing BeyondTrust deployment on Mac OS Sequoia. I also tested this on Sonoma, and ran into the same problem. I'm using the install script from BeyondTrust, and their recommended PPPC Configuration Profile. The installer appears to run successfully, but I am getting a pop-up asking for permission to copy the .app file to the Applications folder. 

Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 11.35.28 AM.png

Is there a change I can make or a security setting I can adjust to allow this app to copy to the applications folder without the user needing to click allow?

3 REPLIES 3

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

Do you have something like BeyondTrust's Privilege Management for Mac product installed? And are you running the Remote Support installer via a Jamf Pro policy or locally on a Mac?

We have BTPM installed, and I'm running the Remote Support installer through a JAMF Pro policy. 

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

I would expect installing from a Jamf Pro policy _should_ allow the app to be moved into the /Applications folder since it's not running as the logged in user, but BTPM may interdict that. I'd suggest contacting BT tech support for guidance on this one.