Can you run two MDM solutions on the same machine

rdeleon
New Contributor III

Hi everyone, I'm sure that this subject has been talked about, but I haven't been able to find it. My question is: Can you run two MDM solutions at the same time? I have both MS Intune and JamF available to me and I was wondering if it was possible? I don't think it is, but I want to make sure. 

- Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@rdeleon No, there can only be one MDM profile installed. You could however integrate Jamf Pro and Intune by having Jamf Pro provide Device Compliance data to Intune for controlling access to M365 services.

View solution in original post

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

No, Apple only allows a single MDM Profile. The only thing that could be considered a caveat to that would be JAMF+Intune co management. Intune is a MDM platform in its own right, but with the Intune integration JAMF is doing all the MDM stuff and reporting data to Azure. Then Azure is telling the Comp Portal app what to do in terms of restrictions with the users identity based on device compliance. 

I strongly recommend avoiding JAMF and Intune Integration. the JAMF side works fine, however the MS side is a mess and MS has no idea how to support it. You will spend more time troubleshooting it than using it. Plus its a metric butt ton of user interaction to keep it moving.

Microsoft Intune Integration - Jamf Pro Administrator's Guide | Jamf

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@rdeleon No, there can only be one MDM profile installed. You could however integrate Jamf Pro and Intune by having Jamf Pro provide Device Compliance data to Intune for controlling access to M365 services.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

No, Apple only allows a single MDM Profile. The only thing that could be considered a caveat to that would be JAMF+Intune co management. Intune is a MDM platform in its own right, but with the Intune integration JAMF is doing all the MDM stuff and reporting data to Azure. Then Azure is telling the Comp Portal app what to do in terms of restrictions with the users identity based on device compliance. 

I strongly recommend avoiding JAMF and Intune Integration. the JAMF side works fine, however the MS side is a mess and MS has no idea how to support it. You will spend more time troubleshooting it than using it. Plus its a metric butt ton of user interaction to keep it moving.

Microsoft Intune Integration - Jamf Pro Administrator's Guide | Jamf

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

Jamf Pro 10.43 adds the new Device Compliance integration for macOS using the Microsoft Partner Compliance Management API. The compliance calculation is now done in Jamf Pro, which should eliminate a lot of the issues with the older Conditional Access integration.

See the following JNUC 2022 vide for more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhfP0vsx9Xo&list=PLlxHm_Px-Ie2uIFiar6_3JejiOnObiujM&index=56

mturner86
New Contributor

I have ipads that I can't use with JAMF because we are Microsoft GCC-H. I definitely thought 2 mms would be the fix until the integration was available. I've hit a brick wall at this point with no idea how to get these iPads to access company data.