Caser Admin Replication failing in Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

snook
New Contributor III

Anyone else experiencing replication errors using Casper Admin 8.72 and Mac OS X 10.9

We get the "Server could not be mounted" GUI error

Logs show "ERROR: The Distribution Point could not be mounted. The syncing operation will stop"

Casper Admin 8.72 on Mac OS X 10.8.3 works perfectly

Our Distribution points are AFP File sharing only. Can't seem to figure out where the bug is

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Casper Suite 8.7x is not currently fully compatible with Mavericks. That's all you need to know, and you can rest assured JAMF is aware of it also since its a definite they've been working with the developer releases from day 1. JAMF has also publicly stated (here on JAMFNation) they will release a Casper Suite 8.x update, probably 8.73 but I don't know for sure, that will make the older version compatible with Mavericks. Not to say that it will support any new features in 10.9, but will make the suite work properly with it.

Saying anything more than the above would be getting a little too close to violating NDAs. For now, just sit tight is my suggestion.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

nessts
Valued Contributor II

this would hardly be the place to discuss such issues.

snook
New Contributor III

I'm not asking for any specific 10.9 NDA info, just wondering if anyone else is seeing similar issues so we can report the bug to either Apple or JAMF, or both.

nessts
Valued Contributor II

well my first guess is that 8.72 does not support 10.9, you will need a 9.12 or higher version for any 10.9 activities. And I would guess that any bug/problem related discussions with 10.9 outside the Apple forums would be frowned upon. I would also guess that most of people on this list that are running 10.9 are at least somewhat paying attention to the 10.9 discussions and jamf coming up would pique their interest.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Casper Suite 8.7x is not currently fully compatible with Mavericks. That's all you need to know, and you can rest assured JAMF is aware of it also since its a definite they've been working with the developer releases from day 1. JAMF has also publicly stated (here on JAMFNation) they will release a Casper Suite 8.x update, probably 8.73 but I don't know for sure, that will make the older version compatible with Mavericks. Not to say that it will support any new features in 10.9, but will make the suite work properly with it.

Saying anything more than the above would be getting a little too close to violating NDAs. For now, just sit tight is my suggestion.

dexterrivera
New Contributor III

Casper Suite 8.73 seems to be working for me. I was advised by our rep to at minimum use that version. There is still some ironing out needed in the 9 series which is currently on 9.2.