Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Keeping VPP within our branch of the JSS

Greetings!I work at a sizable university and we have several different "sites" in our JSS. I was wondering if it's possible to assign a VPP account to only one site. In other words, keeping the apps purchased with our account completely separate from...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

About Enterprise Connect

Hi all, This is Rick Lemmon from Apple Professional Services. I'm happy to answer any questions you have around Enterprise Connect. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the tool, it provides a good level of Active Directory integration for Macs t...  View more

• 243 replies
  • 9 kudos

JSS Database user permissions

Hi all We have our database for jamf on a separate windows machine. Yesterday vSphere had a hiccup and I was disconnected while using Casper Admin. Casper Admin would say "The Master Distribution point could not be mounted" but I can mount the share ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook Large Attachment issue

Has anyone seen and/or possibly have a fix for the following? We have has several instances of folks attaching ridiculously large files to emails and attempting to send them. 20, 30, 50 MB and up. These will of course fail, but they will keep recycli...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Execution Frequency being ignored?

I have a bizarre issue. I am pushing a code snippet out to my Mac Mini's that reboots them once a night. The code runs great, the policy does not. I have it set to run on Recurring Check-In / Once Every Day / with a client-side limitation of running ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CC 2015 and OS X 10.11 Support

This is a bit of a link dump, but figured it might prove somewhat useful: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1967492 https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/search/index.cfm?cat=support&sitesection=home&term=el%20capitan&archived=false&p=2&c=0&site=_all&kmc=0&fil...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

script help

I want to check to see if a couple of directories exist and if not create them before running rest of the script I’m using if-then-else statements but that is not working for me. I find I have to run the script 3 times: 1st-time it creates the first ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Writing to Active Directory ?

Hi All, Is it possible using DSCL or dseditgrouo to edit group membership in AD from the Mac ? My AD account has the rights I need but when I try it just says failed to make changed. Anyone done it ?  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple domains: be sure to use 3268 !

Hi Folks, Just a simple heads-up. If you have multiple domains, make sure to use port 3268. Reason is this is the Global Catalog that contains ALL information of the forest in read-only. You need to know which Domain Controller is your Global Catalog...  View more

437cdc7b79f7499cafebdbac66d16709
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Taking away the App Store iOS

Well we had a good run, but our teachers are now wanting the students cut off of gaming and only able to access our Self Service. Is there a way for me to take away the app store and hide all apps they already had installed that aren't in Self Servic...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flash Player Update Help

I am new to using JSS and am trying to configure my first update but it does not seem to be working. Here is what I have done so far: Created Smart Group to find all systems without Flash or at a lower version- Created a Policy which should install f...  View more

226495a310914ae093a8f1f6fea9d07c 0f9435c735dc4acc8b110b968fed4708 b25862606afc4705b2d0ef0aa9b61b35 de6e99a87343407da197329a4c4056af
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS Settings Appliance Migration

Hi All, Can anyone tell me which files need to be moved over if we are upgrading our NetSUS appliance? We mainly use the SUS portion of the appliance and I would like to not have to re-select all the updates we require as well as not have to re-creat...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer Freezing

We have a number of machines that are failing to upgrade the JAMF Binary and as a result are not checking in with the JSS. Lacking a policy based solution, I am trying to leverage ARD. It seems delivering the jamf policy command forces the computers ...  View more

e7efff8d50f644e2a709fc99054956ba
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Smart Group on App Launch

Hello,First time poster, and new to Casper as well, so I recognize and fully accept my noob status. Please forgive my ignorance. I have a situation where I want to prompt once and only once on the launch of certain apps (for instance, I want to displ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Priority of Wireless over Wired in OS X 10.10.5

We are more than half way through our upgrade process. Clients are on 10.10.5 and hardware are a variety of Retina MacBook Pros and MacBook Airs. Image was created in AutoDMG. Usually the users may go back to their desk and plug into Ethernet using A...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite and Apple Configurator 2

We are mostly an OS X laptop site. We are starting to acquire enough iOS devices to think about managing them with Casper. Do I need Configurator for anything? Can I get away with using Casper for all our management needs? Does anyone have enough tim...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firmware Password Manager

FYI, we have released a new python script that allows management of the firmware password, called Firmware Password Manager. it works using a JAMF JSS extention attribute. For more info, see web page: https://github.com/univ-of-utah-marriott-library-...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi Certs and Network Shares

Hey all, Question, we use user based certificates for the wifi network so when logging in the network volume tries to join before the wifi cert authenticates. That causes the "?" mark as well as the network volume errors. I've tried writing a few thi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stuck in Pre-Stage enrollment

I have a DEP iPad that we are moving from one school to another. In the Pre-Stage Enrollment tab, I've removed the iPad (in the first screenshot), but in the Global Management > DEP > Token menu, it's still showing up at Pre-Staged to the school (the...  View more

4bdafc034e9d4f05b91b79c4c4992e64 12e04ed079be436aa25ccb1fab69312c
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

What do you use for server hardware?

I'm curious what others are using for server hardware. When we implemented Casper (2012 maybe?) and since Apple doesn't have any 'server class' hardware anymore, we didn't really feel comfortable putting a Mac Mini in the data center, even if it was ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service not responding

Good Morning all,We have encountered this issue once before but it seemed to resolve itself. A student tries to open Self Service and they can't get it loading. A gray screen with the loading gear comes up but thats it. No frames, tabs, text, etc. We...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors