Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.38.1 Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation,Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.38.1. To learn more about this release and the product issues it addresses, please read the Jamf Pro 10.38.1 release notes here.There are no changes to this weekend's cloud upgrade schedule. To vie...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 3 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.39.0 Beta 2 Is Now Availlable!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.39.0 Beta 2! This release has many exciting UI improvements including an updated user interface in User Initiated Enrollment and Patch Management. App Installers now has an indicator to show if apps are...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Missed it

Sorry I missed this! We should really get something formally together for the future. If nothing else.. A Google group or other forum. I'd love to see a say... Quarterly get together to discuss mutual issues and solutions. Neal Pynenberg - Neenah Sch...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple ID Script

To those who attended and wanted to know where to find my Apple ID Creation Script, you can find it here on my GitHub: https://github.com/brandonusher/Apple-ID-AppleScript/ If you have any issues, questions or concerns, please fill out an issue on Gi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bushel?

I missed Charles' presentation yesterday, is there any info about "Bushel" online yet?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Presentation Slides

Will all of the session slide decks be available on JAMF Nation or will there be a list of links? It would be really handy for all to be in one place instead of digging for them.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV

This has nothing to do with Casper, but I am hoping someone might have an answer or seen this, I have some apple tv's where I can connect great with iphone or Ipads, but when a user tries to connect with macbook we get a " could not connect to apple-...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Add District info

Milton-K12 1:1 Program DEP VPPMilton WI All Teaching staff: MBAir 13"Grade 9-12: MBAir 11" Grade 7-8: iPad Air-Students take homeGrade 4-6: iPad Air - Classroom cart at nightGrade K-3 iPad2 - Classroom cart at night  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mailing List

Hi Everyone, It was great meeting all of you at the K12 iPads in Education Mini Session this morning. I created a private Google Group at our first K12 iPads in Education gathering at JNUC 2012 so that we could continue having these fantastic convers...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

adpassmon 2.09 and 10.10

Anybody else running into issues with 10.10 and ADPassmon 2 and JSS 9.6? It seems that after logging in, the app is unresponsive via the tool bar for about 2-3minutes (didn't time it, but it feels like a while). When it does become responsive and you...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Session links?

Has anyone put all of these links in one page yet? If not we could ue this post to do so to make things easier for people to find them.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Home Sync

All of our users have a home directory with the same structure. e.g. within the root there is a Documents and Desktop folder, which if they log into Windows systems is automatically redirected and Offline Files takes care of Sync. I'd like to replica...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stopping Server Services

Hello everyone, I have a mac server build script which is functionalised. One of the functions simply stops services. if i execute this script manually through terminal it works fine. However, when using self service to deploy this script I get the f...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot / SUS Appliance - Ubuntu

Hi, I am trying out the appliance for SUS as I was looking for a zero cost and zero maintenance option. What are others doing with regards to patching this Ubuntu instance? In our environment it isn't really an option to have an unmanaged Ubuntu OS r...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recursively setting default printer 10.8

Hi, Newbie here. We are trying to set a policy to our OS X 10.8 Macs to recursively set the default printer to a black & white queue. To achieve this in OS X 10.9 we have a configuration profile with a Printing payload, which adds a colour queue and ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Brisbane Casper and Apple admins... a meet or group?

Hi all JNers! I am not sure how many of you are based in sunny Brisvegas. I know there are installs at the major Unis, and a couple of head offices here. It would be great to form some sort of local brainshare. I am bouncing the idea around with a co...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Home Folder Yosemite

Hi All, The network home folder shows as a questions mark on the dock on my Yosemite clients.I tried re-doing my config profiles as I upgraded my JSS to 9.6 to no avail. I also tried excluding Yosemite clients from the config profile but with the sam...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mail & Calendar Configuration Profiles

It seems somewhere along the way Mail & Calendar fields were removed from the JSS Configuration Profiles area (for Computers). I'm using 9.6. I'm looking through release notes and the Admin Guide and searching the site, but I'm not finding how to dep...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suggestion for documentation

I would just like to make a small suggestion. In the documentation walking you through the installation and configuration of the server. Please change where it references Java 1.6 or 1.7 to Java JDK 1.6 or 1.7. It may seem like a small change but I w...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iBeacon Tag

Hey all, Thanks to Twocanoes for holding this session - and for the sweet T-Shirt! I've added an iBeacon tag for use on JAMF Nation. We look forward to hearing more about how you utilizes iBeacons in your environment. Thanks!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Casper Suite with other tools

I hope this is OK for discussion. I wanted to know who uses other tools in conjunction with the Casper Suite. And if you do, why are you using that other tool rather than the built-in Casper feature/tool? Hope some are willing to share their experien...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS less stable after 8.73->9.52 upgrade

Has anyone had stability issues with their JSS after upgrading to the 9-series? We're running our JSS on Windows 2008 and have seen the Tomcat 7 service go down *daily* ever since the upgrade. We're still troubleshooting with JAMF support but I was c...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD binding in terminal

So, working on ad binding in terminal on 10.9.2, though I am not sure flavor would matter that much. Right now I have dsconfigad -add -username "username" -p "password" Now, I am trying to use an admin password my whole group uses, but it does not wo...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus

I can't make the session tomorrow afternoon...wondering if there is anyone that uses it and would be willing to exchange contact information to talk later?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limiting URLs

I am relatively new to JAMF, so please pardon the ignarance. We have been trying to set up what we call a "whitelist". This is a list of about 15-20 websites that we can explicitly allow for students who are on disciplinary action. I have found the p...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filtering Student Hot Spots

Has anyone found a good solution to students who enable their phone's mobile wifi hot spot and switch their iPad over to it thereby bypassing the school's web filter while at school?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors