Casper 9.92 issues?

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

So far I haven't seen any chatter about problems with the latest release. Is this a case of "no news is good news"? Can anyone confirm the 802.1x Ethernet issue has been resolved? How about any other lingering issues? Have they seen their end with 9.92? I don't have the luxury of having a test environment or else I'd be hunkered down in that myself.

13 REPLIES 13

CorpTech
New Contributor III

I know there was an issue where after enrollment, Spotlight would run >100% CPU. That seems to have disappeared.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@CorpTech That was resolved in 10.11.5

mahughe
Contributor

Yes, we have experienced MDM issues, and just spoke with someone at a neighboring district with the same issue.

We are seeing that sending mobile device commands, show as sent but never actually do anything meaning they don't show as pending, failed. nada...if I install an app from the Self Service it shows pending but never installs.

Auto database backup failed to run the first night after the update.

I've checked all APNS functionality at my location, so I have a call with JAMF in the morning as there are other issues that I can't confirm are from the update at this time.

Update on 5/28/16...

The following day after this post the MDM functionality returned and appears to date to be working correctly. Must have been something at Apple that was an issue at that time, even thought the system status page showed everything in green.

The backup ran as scheduled the next night, thought it wasn't correct as there was a bad table that needed repaired. Since then it's been working as scheduled.

millersc
Valued Contributor

We've just started testing 9.92... this is minor so far, but it exists.

Known and hoping it's resolved in 9.93.
Extension Attribute that is over 2 lines will left align from the 3rd line on.

shcsdrce
New Contributor

We are also having MDM issues. Severely high CPU utilization - I even shut down the server and added a couple of virtual procs - system runs fine for a while, then mysql goes nuts!! We have to restart tomcat once every few hours.... We're also seeing missing pages in the interface.

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

@shcsdrce is your JSS on a Mac or Windows server?

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

@mahughe Please post your end result? If it is a defect please post the number as well. thank you!!

bcldonnelly
New Contributor

just upgraded to 9.92 and no longer can mount Master Repository. I can mount manually through terminal using native and Jamf tools, but getting mount errors in all the Jamf apps (CasperAdmin, Self Service, etc)

LeidenUniv
New Contributor III

@bcldonnelly try to change "full.domain.name" to "just-domain" like suggested here or there

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

@bcldonnelly having the same issue with mounting the fileshare distribution point here, I believe. fwiw

LeidenUniv
New Contributor III

@bcldonnelly try to change "full.domain.name" to "just-domain" like suggested here or there

russeller
Contributor III

Confirmed, had to remove the domain name from the "Workgroup or Domain" field under the "File Sharing" tab after upgrading to 9.92.
c3f58afcc2e741b4be5d09e63ecae8f9

Aziz
Valued Contributor

@ssrussell

Same issue here, I fixed it about 10 minutes after upgrading. We just upgraded our JSS last Tuesday.