Casper Focus Force closing

jjones
Contributor II

Currently we are using casper to control student iPads into focus for teachers. The issue we are starting to see more often is casper focus will completely close out back to the home screen. It is random, although mostly crashing at the start of it loading.

We have uninstalled the app multiple times, rebooted after uninstalling it and installed. Only thing we have not done as of yet as we had a short time to look at it is reload the iPad itself.

The version we are using is 9.6, on iPad versions 8.0.2 and 7.1.2, both crashing the same way.
Also we are running jss 9.52

Has anyone else encountered this issue, and have possible ideas to fix this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amenard
New Contributor II

With regard to the Focus 9.6 App, JAMF has created a defect and submitted the defect to their Development and Engineering teams and they are currently looking into a resolution. The ID for the defect we have on file is: D-007905.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

ssteiner
New Contributor II

We are having the same issue - not solution yet.

jjones
Contributor II

Hmmm, what are your versions for iPad, focus and Jss?

dickie
New Contributor

We are having the same issue. We are running JSS 9.52 but not all teachers are affected. Only those running Casper Focus 9.60 seem to be affected. The teachers who have not updated to the latest version of Casper Focus aren't having any problems.

I've seen the problem on iOS 8.1, 8.0.2, and 7.1.2

jjones
Contributor II

I recently just updated my iPad to 8.1, and am also experiencing issues still. We are looking into updating our Jss up to 9.6 as we are now running OS X 10.10 in the network. Just have to schedule the best time for it as always.

amenard
New Contributor II

With regard to the Focus 9.6 App, JAMF has created a defect and submitted the defect to their Development and Engineering teams and they are currently looking into a resolution. The ID for the defect we have on file is: D-007905.

jjones
Contributor II

Thank you for your reply amenard!

RWitt
New Contributor II

We are running 9.6 of the JSS and it effects both iOS 7 and 8. As I type this I just noticed version 9.6.1 of the app out so I need to go test.

jmadlock
New Contributor

Good to hear they know of the defect and are working on it. It is causing us fits in over 100 classrooms.