Casper Suite 8.6 is available

zach
New Contributor III

Hello everyone!

Casper Suite 8.6 is now available! We're very proud to have zero-day support for Mountain Lion!

You can download the latest version from the [My Assets](/myAssets.html) section of JAMF Nation.

In addition to support for Mountain Lion, here are some of the key features of the 8.6 release:

• FileVault 2 disk encryption management
  • Compatibility with Gatekeeper
  • OS X user-initiated enrollment

For a full list and details of 9 new features, 11 implemented feature requests, and 39 bug fixes, please refer to the release notes in the download.

-z

12 REPLIES 12

james314
New Contributor

Will there be a delta document for the Casper Suite Admin guide that I just got from lulu.com?

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Wow, this is probably the only time a "zero-day" is a good thing :)

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Congratulations to all you JAMFs!!

Sandy

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

From the release notes:

Automatic LDAP lookups for Mac OS X computers. The JSS can automatically perform an LDAP ??lookup each time a computer’s inventory is updated.

Oh sweet jesus thank you.

ccastro
New Contributor

This might be a stupid question but I'm fairly new using Casper Suite. When I upgrade the JSS Installer on the server, how do the client agents get updated?

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@Jared sweet indeed.

But how?

zach
New Contributor III

@jarednichols: Yeah... maybe we should say "Same Day Support" instead :)

@ccastro: Your clients should automatically update themselves after you upgrade your JSS.

@bentoms - You'll find a checkbox for it in the JSS --> Settings tab --> Inventory Collection Preferences --> Location tab.

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Now it should do the LDAP query automatically instead of going in and doing it myself.

@ccastro - Clients will update themselves.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@Zach, thanks!

If the JSS has multiple LDAP servers defined, will it just use the 1st result?

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Hey JAMF, nice touch adding future deprecations into the release notes. Thanks for giving us a heads up on changes we'll need to be ready for down the line instead of just springing it on us. Some of the changes sound like good moves. That's the first time I recall seeing that (though I could have just missed it before)

zach
New Contributor III

@bentoms - Off the top of my head, I don't know 100% what the outcome would be. It will search in all of them, but I'm not sure if there is a guaranteed order to how it picks the LDAP servers. If multiple matches are found, it should pick the top one from the list. If you need more detailed info, please let us know!

golbiga
Contributor III
Contributor III

Very happy to see that Reboot Immediately now actually reboots immediately without user interaction.