Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Install older Versions of iMovie/Apple Apps using VPP

Hey all,We are not pushing 10.13 and are still on 10.12 (going to skip to 10.14 in the summer) but we are finding that the current iMovie is not pushing via vpp to our machines. Is there a way to keep the old version pushing in our app repository sin...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

Issue with Manually Created Classes showing in JAMF

We are integrating Apple School Manager with JAMF to pilot shared iPads (and Apple Classroom/School Work) with a few teachers. I have noticed that the classes that were uploaded to Apple School Manager via SFTP show up in JAMF where I can manipulate ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Restart Option not restarting the computer

I have a policy that installs an application via Self Service and the restart option for both 'no user logged in' & 'user logged in' is to RESTART IMMEDIATELY but after the application installs a pop-up appears saying 'computer is scheduled to restar...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Block Mackeeper.app

If you don't know what this is it's a nasty app that a lot of Mac users download. I would like to remove this file anytime it gets downloaded on a Mac. I need it to scan the users whole home folder. I have created a restricted app in JAMF, but it doe...  View more

1743d2608e514f26994076169fcdfe1a
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Demobilize account - what for?

Just wondering what the benefit is from demobilize an account from mobile to local.If the Mac is unbind from the domain and the the user then continue to use the same mobile account for login? Is there any benefit of getting the account local ? I kno...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Remote Desktop Version Extension Attribute

So we are in the process of transitioning to version 10 and wanted a way to get the current version installed on our clients. Below is the script we are using. Tested with version 8 and version 10. Hope this is useful for someone else. #!/usr/bin/env...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating a macOS Mojave Virtual Machine

I am trying to create a VM of Mojave. I have the installer file from the App Store but it seems to be way more difficult than I think it should be. I've used VM's for windows machines but I've never done it for macOS on a Mac. All of the "tutorials" ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Changing preferred Wifi networks without admin rights?

We’ve recently removed admin rights on Macs for all of our users. Does anyone know of a way to enable users to always be able to administer preferred/saved Wifi networks which are saved on their machines without having to grant them temporary admin r...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade software - best practise

I just wondering what is the best practise on general software updates Fx If new apple security updates are released ? Should admin´s do a manually download and deploy or is there any kind of more automated options for this ? What about normal update...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Enrollment Complete vs. re-enrollment complete

Does anyone have any workflow suggestions for how to run stuff on enrollment complete for a new/clean machine as opposed to re-enrolling a machine. With DEP we have only a few enrollment complete policies, but we don't want them to run if a machine n...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flush log when a device enters smart group.

Hello all, First off, any guidance is much appreciated. I have a security application that is installed upon enrollment. Scoped to that policy is a smart group that looks for devices that have removed that security application or if the application d...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Mojave Checklist

Putting together a checklist of all the things that need to be done in jamf Pro regarding deploying machines with 10.14 - Mojave. DEP or User Initiated EnrollmentApproved Kernel Extensions Configuration ProfilePrivacy Preferences Policy Control profi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto Renewing certificates for 802.1x

I Have a Request from my manager to inquire about Creating a Workflow to where it does an automatic renewal of our certificate(MachineLevelCert) which authenticates with 802.1x to mirror the process in our Windows environment where once computers joi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

PreStage LDAP Authentication and Unmanaged Devices

Hey everyone, We have a weird issue on our hands.. we recently turned on the feature to require LDAP auth during DEP enrollment and ever since then, our MacOS devices show up unmanaged in JamfPro. We have since turned LDAP auth off again because we n...  View more

e85d0b52a7d94809a439392b4da66adb
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Run policy after other has completed

Hey, There is plenty of information about custom triggers and events. But still, to run one policy only after other has completed, I get this flow: Cache package policy Run script which checks if the package is cached, if so, run Policy Install Cache...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Shared iPad removing user

We are rolling out the Shared iPad model. We bought 128GB iPads just for the Shared iPad and space. When we get to the 11th user, which should remove the oldest user, the iPads are either becoming non-responsive or it takes like 15 minutes to complet...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Can't deploy an App

Hey all, been having issues deploying a specific app called "Flipgrid". What it does is, it just sits installing in JAMF and says "Waiting" on the iPad. If I try to tap on the app, it looks like it's about to install but will have a pop up that it fa...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install composer

We have installed composer in a server but we need to do it in a machine where we have all the sofware and apps installed in order to package them. Thanks  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Make

As it is now the process of adding groups to a scope is time consuming. Can the view be modified in one or more than one of the ways:- hot buttons (presets) for your common group types- clone last added group- rearrange order like tiles- add multiple...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clarification on PPPC (TCC) and SystemPolicyAllFiles

Hello does anyone have any information on whitelisting SystemPolicyAllFiles. This was discussed in the JNUC 2018 TCC session, but I don’t believe the presenter went in depth about accomplishing this. Is whitelisting SystemPolicyAllFiles restricted to...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yes, I know Netbooting/Imaging is dead....

That being said, is anyone aware of any tips or tricks for automation of Mojave? I am in charge of all hardware for a large corporation and Internet Recovery or Install disks take too long for the install of the OS. Any help would be appreciated. Tha...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Configuring ALB in AWS for Jamf Pro Servers

Hey everyone! After JNUC we decided to transition everything over to AWS (thanks for the great sessions!); but we are not exactly experts in AWS. In any case, currently I believe that I've configured some ports incorrectly. We are able to access the ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Skype for Business with Okta

Anyone using OKTA SSO with SFB or Microsoft Teams? seeing an issue where it doesn't pass credentials/kerberos info and prompts for a sign in. Office2016 Mac / OneDrive works as expected and passes the creds. On an older version of SFB, this works as ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors