Caspersuite 8.71 not working on 10.9 preview

esoeast
New Contributor

I am testing Mac OS 10.9 and I am unable to use Caspersuite v8.71. I know this was an issue with the previous OS X previews (as referenced here: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=4326) and it seemed that the resolution involved upgrading the version of Caspersuite, but this does not seem to work.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

talkingmoose

OS X 10.9 is a preview not a publicly released product.

JAMF's policy (and track record) has been to release an update to their products within five days of the official release of a new versions of OS X.

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

I love, love, love that other people are willing to jump in the fire first.

Now I don't want to see anyone get burnt of course, but thanks for stepping out on that ledge and taking a peek!

Matt
Valued Contributor

NDA aside, I am sure JAMF knows this and is already ahead of us. With that said I can't even get 10.9 to be useful let alone play with Casper :D

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

IIRC, you can edit the OS requirements in the app bundle to get around the apps not working on a newer OS.

I thInk I had to do this with 10.6/10.7

bentoms

I don't have 10.9 on anything YET to test, but in a Casper Suite app.. navigate to the info.plist in /Contents & change the line

<key>LSMinimumSystemVersion</key>
<string>10.4.0</string>

to something like

<key>LSMinimumSystemVersion</key>
<string>10.9.0</string>

or maybe delete it altogether.

ernstcs
Contributor III

I upgraded an existing managed system and then kicked off a jamf recon command and that seemed to work fine. It showed up in my Smart Group. My main goal was to make sure machines at least did that so I would potentially notice if anyone was upgrading their workstations with a developer account.

It left the management account intact as well as I mentioned elsewhere, which was very encouraging.

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

changing to 10.9 didn't work. putting a # infront of the lines just caused CA to bounce but never launch.

JPDyson
Valued Contributor

10.9 already satisfies the minimum version requirement of "10.4 or greater" so that key won't work anyway.

bentoms

@ Josh, I know. Just trying to remember what we did previously when this happened.

There will be a discussion archived here somewhere.