Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Can I share a VPP token between 2 JSS's?

All our Mac's are on one JSS and all our iPads are on a second JSS. We use VPP, but so far only have distributed apps on the iOS side. A Mac app was just purchased, and after scoping it to the Mac in question, the install fails, and Self service give...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Apple ID and Books

So I've created some managed Apple IDs to test with and I'm trying to distribute the "App Development with Swift" iBooks book. Managed Apple ID is signed in to iTunes Store and iCloud on the device. Assigned apps install just fine. I've "purchased" t...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Caching in Smart Groups

hi All, Do we have any settings to make sure caching should not happen again on machine which is already updated to latest version.For Ex : I have machine XXX in smart group which needs to cache macOS. Once it is installed with macOS, there is no nee...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

API logflush?

Hello, has anyone had any luck using the API call "logflush" to flush the error logs from a policy?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting Printer

Is there a way that we can delete printer that user added? we have a open directory that teacher can pick what printer they want to add. now we have new system that only uses one virtual printer, and we already push that one using LPD. what we want t...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

DNS problems preventing access to JSS

Long story short--very simple network: router provides DNS and DHCP to local network of about fifty PCs, an OS X server (JSS), and about fifty Mac laptops. The problem is I can't reach the Mac server using the DNS name. It's been hit or miss but afte...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS 10.12.1 Sierra Login Window

I have a few Macs that I'm testing the new 10.12.1 Sierra update on (build 16B2555). After the 10.12.1 update was installed, the Macs are longer show any of the usual data in the menu bar of the Login Window (top right corner). No clock or Wi-fi are ...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

New JSS Checklist

Hello, everyone! I am starting a new environment's JSS from not the ground up, but close to the ground. I am starting from scratch in terms of enrollments, policies, config profs, etc etc. Is there a checklist anyone has made compiled of all of the t...  View more

7f04d96b2b874e6c9b2090dc6f50ab7c
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

San Diego Session

Hello - What is actually discussed in these JAMF user groups? I'm a rookie and have never attended one of these sessions. Thanks  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Boston Area User Group Meeting - Wednesday Evening!

Coming soon! We're hoping to do a JNUC decom and discussion. Looking forward to seeing everyone. If you are planning to attend and haven't registered, please do so soon. Also, I'm looking to do a live video stream this time for people that can't make...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy EAP-TLS WPA2E SSID with user certs

Hi together, firstly I would like to say that I am new to the community and hope to find some help here. Also a sorry if the form of creating questions may not be correct. We would like to pre-publish a network SSID via plist or script of possible wh...  View more

ac29391d84f043b4b51d5c2f021783e2 bffca8fc62924b839c446b1c52ef27e1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anybody using ForeScout CounterACT

Hi all, my company is about to implement ForeScout's CounterACT and i'm wondering if anybody is currently using this product specifically how was set up at your organization to manage the Macs "Agent-based or Remote inspection". Any information on yo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Paul's contact information??

Hello @plite your session was great. Any chance I could get your contact information? My direct email address is: mconners@madisoncollege.edu I tried to capture your barcode after the session, but it failed to work. Thank you, Mick  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thank you!

I would like to thank @cdenesha for organizing this session! It was some of the best time spent at JNUC 2016. The only problem was that it was way too short. I think this breakfast session could have easily gone through lunch and dinner and still wou...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

General Slowness JSS 9.96 for Windows

Good Afternoon- Has anyone else noticed a general slowness when navigating around the JSS for Windows? I noticed it right after upgrading to 9.96. Resource wise, the server appears to be fine. Thanks,Scott  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Black Screen and Cursor after FileVault 2 Enabling

Hi all, We recently enabled FileVault 2 for the organisation, but there some users reporting that after inputting their password, the screen goes black with just a cursor for anywhere between 30 seconds to two minutes before the desktop loads. This i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java 8x managing updates via JSS

Dear JSS Community, Just trying to see how everyone managing Java updates these days? Appears new releases of Java no longer have a .pkg file to drop into Casper admin and apply policy. I have tried using composer however this doesn't appear to work....  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors