Cisco AnyConnect not connecting after Mavericks upgrade.

ArielN
New Contributor

Hi,
Here is an update to my problem with ( Cisco AnyConnect v3.1.03 ) VPN connection running in Mavericks.
Apparently if i enable our SSLVPN to Allow to Run in Safe Mode than the connection established.
Location: Safari>Preferences>Security>Internet plug-ins>Manage Website Settings...>
I want to know if this setting is a risk to our network environment. Please let me know if any one is face with this problem after upgrading to Mavericks.

Thank You
ArielN

6 REPLIES 6

adhuston
Contributor

We are seeing a similar issue with our Cicso Anyconnect client. While it's not exactly like the issue you're experiencing evidently there are some known issue with Mavericks. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect31/release/notes/anyconnect31rn.html#wp156496.

twrangham
New Contributor III

Cisco did come out with a temp fix (3.1.04074) to the issue, and has worked so far in our environment. You do need active svc contract to download update:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2247235

seabash
Contributor

We also find that AnyConnect v3.1.04074 works on Mavericks clients, and we're restricting this 10.9 clients since the temp fix is needed until Apple resolves in some future update.

guilherme_teles
New Contributor

We had that issue. I advise you to reinstall the cisco client (it works just fine).

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

We're using 3.1.05170 at the moment with no issues reported. Oh and here's an EA to check your version. I'm sure my syntax checking could use some work.

#!/bin/sh

if [ -d /Applications/Cisco ] ; then

RESULT=$( cat /opt/cisco/anyconnect/ACManifestVPN.xml | grep "file version" | awk '{print $2}' | cut -d= -f2 | sed 's/"//g' )

echo "<result>$RESULT</result>"

else

echo "<result>Not Installed</result>"

fi

p644a1
New Contributor

You need to be running the latest version of software there where some issue with previous versions. Cisco recommend that we move to the 3.1.05170, since they state this version was certified for 10.9.x