Citrix Receiver PKG Failed Install via Patch Management

Just_Jack
Contributor

Jamf Patch Management logs show this Attempt 1:

Executing Patch Policy Citrix Receiver
Mounting <Our DS>
Copying Install Citrix Receiver_12.9.0.pkg...
Verifying package integrity...
Installing Install Citrix Receiver_12.9.0.pkg...
installer: Package name is Citrix Receiver installer: Upgrading at base path / installer: The upgrade failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)

Downloaded Citrix 12.9.0. I renamed the PKG to include the version number and copied Citrix' PKG into JamfAdmin. Added 12.9.0 to Patch Management. Self Service (10.3.1) sees the available patch. Click and run the Update. Goes through the update then reports as "Item Failed" Go to Applications and find the updated version (12.9.0) actually installed and works.

I opened Citrix' PKG in Composer looked over the scripts and nothing jumped out at me.
Has anyone else seen this and how did you fix the failed install that did install.

2 REPLIES 2

Just_Jack
Contributor

sbirdsley
Contributor

What I have found to be successful in our environment as well is to copy the pkg install to a local directory on the system for install captured via Composer. For example so pushing this composer package to a system it installs Citrix.pkg to /Library/Temp/Updates/

I then have an update policy scoped to a smart group with version requirement and set to install the above package created from composer so it installs the Citrix install pkg onto the file system then set the policy to execute the following command

sudo installer -pkg /Library/Temp/Updates/Citrix.pkg -target /