Composer 8.4 changes

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

In Composers 8.3 and earlier, you could make a package simply by dragging files from finder into Composer. In version 8.4, I haven't figured out how to do this. Can anyone enlighten me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tomt
Valued Contributor

I just did this yesterday to package FaceTime and it worked the same as always. Just dragged the application into the left hand column of Composer and created pkg and dmg files.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

tomt
Valued Contributor

I just did this yesterday to package FaceTime and it worked the same as always. Just dragged the application into the left hand column of Composer and created pkg and dmg files.

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

Thanks. I had always drug the new application into the right side of the window. Never tried dragging it into the left. Love it when it's simple.

ktappe
New Contributor III

Another change in 8.4 is the removal of the "Delete" icon in the toolbar. It took me a while to figure out I have to right-click on the items I want to delete and choose "Delete" from the popup menu. I can do that, but it certainly is not a step forward in the user-friendliness of the app. Would you consider bringing the "Delete" icon back?

zach
New Contributor III

Hey Kurt!

You can actually customize the toolbar to have the "Delete" icon. You currently have to right-click (or control-click) on the toolbar and select "Customize Toolbar". From there, you can add the Delete button back along with a handful of other buttons.

Hope this helps!
z